Programme Specialist (Livestock Management)
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India), Gujarat, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government development organization. AKRSP (I) works as a catalyst for the betterment of rural communities by providing direct support to local communities. AKRSP (I) is active in over 2400 villages of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
Position: Programme Specialist (Livestock Management)
- Providing technical inputs to team and community for better management of livestock in rural areas
- Creating institutional base for community managed livestock development programme
- Providing inputs for developing preventive healthcare services for livestock in rural areas
- Bringing in innovations and new technologies which can benefit marginal farmers involved in livestock rearing along with decreased carbon emission from livestock animals
- Networking and liaison with technical and government departments related to livestock development
Skills & Competencies required:
- Having Knowledge of animal husbandry and basic veterinary sciences
- Institution building of smallholder livestock rearers
- Practical and theoretical knowledge on climate change issues in livestock sectors
- Community managed livestock development with particular focus on feed improvement in dairy animals for reduced carbon emissions.
- Good training skills
- Good communication skills
- Good in Reporting, Monitoring, and evaluation
- Good Government Liaison Skills
- Post-Graduate/Graduate in Veterinary Sciences/ Management or related fields.
- Candidates with substantial work experience in livestock programme but do not possess degree in veterinary sciences can also be considered for the post.
- 2 to 5 years of experience of working in livestock development sector with focus on small and marginal farmers.