Programme Support Assistant
World Vision, Adjumani, Uganda
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
Programme Support Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
People & Service provider management
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
Planning, Documentation and events support
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Ensure soft copy documents are backed weekly
Office House Management
- Ensure there is enough refreshments and cleaning supplies and materials
- Maintain office key logs and ensures office premises are safe; secures office keys and allocates them to staff keeping copies of each set of keys.
- Assistant in maintaining asset registers and ensure routine service of office machinery and assets.
- Order office supplies
- Maintain a data base of Office Asset
- Identify and coordinate request for installation, repair services in line with policy
- Monitoring the security of the store as well as cleanliness
- Track and ensure timely payment of utility bills
- Provide logistical support and back up in the planning of meetings and workshops
- Ensure adequate stocks of key office mterialsare in place at all times
- Communication and relationships
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Provide general support to visitors
Hotel reservations processing and management
- Book travel arrangements and hotels
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration, office management social sciences or related disciplines.
- Experience in implementing administrative 2 years preferably within an NGO setting.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- 2 years’ experience in Administrative work with NGO
- Customer care experience
- Good Communication
- Good computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal problem solving
- Priority setting and Multitasking skill
- Good time management
- Good report writing and feedback skills