Project Administration & Logistics Manager
ALIMA, South Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
- ALIMA have been present in Raja town and Raja County since the past years. Indeed, since 2017, ALIMA has been implementing (in consortium with SI) different projects in the area (funded by OFDA and GIZ).
- Since 2017, ALIMA aimed at addressing the different health and nutritional needs delivering primary and secondary health and nutrition care for the most vulnerable population.
- ALIMA provides primary and secondary health and nutritional care through mobile clinics and in Deim Zubeir PHCC, and Raja hospital.
- ALIMA also strengthens and improves the capacities of partners in the field. ALIMA is working in close collaboration with AFOD on the management of children under 5 suffering from SAM.
- On the other hand, ALIMA also works in close collaboration with the MoH as some of its health workforces are part of the health team within Raja hospital. In 2019, ALIMA widened its scope of intervention by
- integrating the management of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) activities within Deim Zubeir PHCC and Khor Shamam PHCU.
- Aside from its presence in Raja County, ALIMA supports primary health care in Aweil East in close partnership with the MoH (vaccination campaigns). In 2019, ALIMA could scale up its response providing
- primary health care to the most vulnerable population through one mobile clinic and 1 fixed site. ALIMA also responded alongside with the MoH to the abnormal malaria peak from September to November 2019.
- Finally, the organization is also strengthening the capacities of the State and National Rapid Response Team, leading a consortium (with Concern Worldwide and GOAL).
- The projects aim at increasing their response capacities in the scope of the Ebola outbreak in South Sudan, targeting 7 high risk areas.
- Direct Line Manager: PROJECT COORDINATOR
- Functional Line Manager : CORH/Log Coordinator
- Responsible for : Administrative Assistant and Logistics Assistant
- Collaborate with : project team and external partners
Main objectives of the Position
The Project Administration & Logistics Manager is the guarantor of rational management of resources and logistical technical support.
ON FINANCE AND HR FIELD
- Compliance with the ALIMA rules and procedures decided for the country,
- Good functional organization of resources in his field,
- Monitoring the use of resources (expenditures and commitments),
- Adequacy in number, skills and assignments of administrative HR.
- Objective : The Project Administration Manager is the guarantor of the application of the security rules of the money, the respect of the procedures and the legibility of the xpenses on his mission.
- Implementation of procedures : security of money (management of cash, transfers, advances), commitment of expenditure (purchasing procedures, validation and organization of payments, monitoring of regular payments).
- Monitoring of accounting allocations (accounting codes, projects, donor codes).
- Management of the project's cash registers and banks.
- Accounting registration (own or delegated to an assistant), filing of accounting documents, and carrying out the monthly field closing, sending to the capital.
- Receipt of the accounts corrected by the capital, analysis of discrepancies, corrective actions.
- Objective : To permanently ensure a level of cash flow necessary for the project's progress.
- Follow-up of bank and cash balances on the project.
- Anticipation of expenses and monthly cash request.
- Proposal of the minimum necessary balances on each cash and bank of the project.
General management of means
- Objective : To put in place the necessary elements to monitor the use of material resources.
- Adequate management of structures and vehicles (choice, organization, contracts, stewardship, insurance, ...).
- Participation in the development of the procurement framework for his field.
- Collection and analysis of non-budgetary management information (activities, consumption, donations, etc.).
- Creation and analysis of resource management indicators in conjunction with activity managers.
- Maintains the administrative archives of the project.
- Objective : To translate all the information on means into budget form.
- Collect, for each defined activity, all necessary information concerning activities and resources.
- Participation, under the responsibility of the Finance and HR Coordinator and the Project Coordinator, in the preparation of the budget and the allocation table by donors.
- Analysis, in conjunction with the Project Coordinator, of general and specific monthly budget monitoring (analytical axes), possible alerts, proposals for corrective action, and reporting to the Finance and HR Coordinator.
Administrative management of national staff
- Objective : To ensure compliance with the administrative rules for the management of national staff and to ensure that these rules are integrated and respected by all.
- Monitoring and updating of pay and personnel files.
- Monitoring of staff attendance and absence.
- Preparation of payroll and balances of all accounts.
- Follow-up of holidays, their planning and implementation in conjunction with those responsible for activities.
- Ensures the legality of personnel management at the project.
Qualitative personnel management
- Team composition
- Updates organization charts.
- Assists in the development of job descriptions and ensures that they are kept up to date.
- Ensures compliance with HR Set Up
- Updates the monitoring of the project's frameworks and has it validated at the project level before sending it to the Coordination.
- Individual assessments and POPs
- Plans the balance sheets and POPs
- Provides the teams with the necessary documents for the realization of the balance sheets and balance sheets.
- Internal communication and staff representation
- Disseminates information to staff on the association and the mission.
- Organizes staff meetings.
- Monitors relations with staff delegates
- Organizes regular meetings with staff representatives.
- Organises in support of Activity Managers during recruitment (advertisements, process, interview, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with the recruitment procedure.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Diploma: A university degree in the field of finance, management or human resources, or equivalent
- Two years’ experience administration and logistics management
- Strong experience, skills, competence in Budget management, Accounting management
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel & internet).
- Strong analytic and strategic vision ability
- Well organized with good negotiation and communication skill
- Good team player
- Interpersonal skills
- Sensitive to gender and diversity
- Ability to work under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of South Sudan
- Languages: English compulsory