Project Administrative and Finance Assistant
Food and Agriculture Organization, Cotabato, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
FAO’s approach to development assistance in Mindanao focuses on supporting the rehabilitation of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods, accelerating agriculture-based enterprises and increasing access to sustainable energy, and resilience to risk in municipalities affected by natural disasters and conflict. FAO interventions will include, among others:
- Introduction of various productivity enhancing technologies to improve household incomes and promote sustainable agricultural practices.
- Technical assistance to government in reviewing existing policies that promote equitable agribusiness venture arrangements between farmers and agribusiness firms and capacity building activities for farmers that are anchored on the value chain approach.
- Capacity building on enterprise development and agribusiness that will allow farmers, fisherfolk and local government units to maximize potential market opportunities.
- Restoring and increasing the productivity of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods of smallholder farmers and marginalized fishers, decommissioned Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) combatants and their families.
- Enhancing the competitiveness of farm households, particularly women, to establish and manage microenterprises.
- Facilitating the establishment of agribusiness enterprises with production-market contract agreements or similar arrangements.
- The Project Administrative and Finance Assistant will be under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative, the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration), day to day guidance of the Head of the Mindanao and Emergency Response and Preparedness Group (MERG), and the Project Team Leader.
- FAO has been implementing various projects in Mindanao, which are guided by the FAO Mindanao Strategic Programme for Agriculture/Agribusiness (MSPAA), which is in line with the Bangsamoro Development Plan (BDP, 2015). One of the projects being implemented in Mindanao supported by the Government of New Zealand is the project entitled “Support to agri-based livelihoods and agribusiness enterprises for sustainable peace and development in Maguindanao and Cotabato”. The overall objective of the project aims to contribute to the development of agriculture and agribusiness in the priority provinces of
- Maguindanao and Cotabato in Mindanao to reduce poverty and ultimately result in inclusive growth as well as
- sustaining peace and development in the region.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Administrative and Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist in project administration and maintain up-to-date and accurate financial records of all disbursements and receipts related to the project by establishing offline financial monitoring systems (e.g., field expenditure matrices, etc.) to adequately monitor funds utilization. As may be required, these reports will be submitted periodically to the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration), the Project Team Leader or used as reference for updating of Budget Monitoring Reports (BMR).
- Provide operational support in running all ongoing project activities in Cotabato and Maguindanao (activities such as conferences, trainings, inputs distributions, trade fairs and exhibits, among others) by closely coordinating with relevant government, non-government counterparts, and beneficiary communities.
- Facilitate the preparation of travel requests of project staff, including consolidation, submission to and follow-up with the FAO Representation for approval.
- Provide guidance and training to new project staff in utilizing FAO system-based tools (i.e., GRMS, FPMIS, etc.) that will be valuable for project operations management.
- Process payments in accordance with prescribed guidelines for disbursement of Operational Cash Advances (OCA) and Outposted Petty Cash (OPC).
- Maintain electronic and paper filing of relevant administrative and financial information.
- Ensure timely submission of Human resource-related employment requirements for project staff (timesheets, QARs and other related documents).
- Prepare and regularly update the project procurement, delivery and distribution schedule in consultation with Project Team Leader.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions in consultation with the Project Team Leader; develop and maintain a database of vendors/suppliers/service providers within the project area.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of all project properties (equipment, furniture, fixtures, other attractive items and supplies).
- Carry out any other relevant duties within his/her technical competence as may be requested by FAO.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree in business administration, finance, accounting or other related field.
- At least four (4) years of relevant and progressive experience in project operations, finance and procurement or other related disciplines.