PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH has a strong presence in – Uttar Pradesh with multiple programs in Neglected Tropical Diseases, Tuberculosis, Maternal Newborn Child Health & Nutrition portfolio and is now looking strengthening its operations in the state. PATH is seeking a Project Administrator in UP. This position will report to the State Lead UP & the SR Project Administrator.
- Assist in developing, negotiating, and managing project subordinate agreements (contracts, sub-agreements, work orders, and consultant agreements).
- Support team in developing budgets for new opportunities/proposal.
- Working with Grants and Contract Services in the issuance of subordinate agreements, review and editing of donor reports, tracking sub agreement deliverables, comparing results against stated project objectives and tracking partner budgets.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders and work orders.
- Providing administrative support to specific programs in monitoring of project activities.
- Assisting in preparing and monitoring annual and project budgets.
- Tracking grant agreements and ensuring compliance with spelt out agreement policies & procedures.
- Providing programs with monthly expense reports, labor reports and other project financial monitoring tools and making spending adjustments (re-classes) as required.
Sub-recipient management and monitoring:
- Conduct selection of sub-recipients as per PATH’s policy and applicable operating procedures and issue agreements.
- Conduct financial monitoring and assist with coordination and financial management of project sub agreements in accordance with accounting principles, and donor requirements.
- Provide necessary training to sub-recipients, as and when required
- Physical verification of expenses of sub recipient
- Ensure efficient burn rates and conduct variance analysis for sub recipients’ project expenses
- Assisting partners to build appropriate operational and financial systems to effectively receive, expend and account for donor funds.
- Timely review and processing of travel and workshop expenses.
- Regular review of program-wide adherence to identified compliance issues (including financial and narrative reporting) intervening where necessary.
- Ensure that procurement by projects is carried out in accordance with donor and PATH requirements.
- Maintain commodity tracking tool for specific projects.
- Maintain issue tracking tool for specific projects.
- Undertake final close out of the sub-recipients.
- Understands local laws and compliance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with local laws, donor agreements, and internal PATH policies about grants administration.
- Oversee and review the issuance of subordinate agreements including sub-recipient proposals and documents to assure compliance with PATH's and the donor's standard provisions.
- Provide all financial, compliance and related information and advice to the program leadership and team.
- Prepare work plan together with program leadership, timeline of activities (implementation calendar) and budget thereof, in accordance with the project plan and ensure that the requisite deadlines and spending are met.
- Maintain and monitor project and portfolio pipelines.
- Prepare periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) financial report and specific reports for internal & donor reporting.
- Coordinate with operations team for all financial/administrative processes for payment and ensuring compliance with local laws and PATH policies.
- Scrutinize and verify bills/invoices submitted by vendors, consultants and contractors before releasing payment as per PATH policy
- Develop and maintain tracking sheets for ongoing payments that should serve as backup documentation for releasing installment related payments.
- Prepare and manage project annual budgets within the PATH system.
- Review and upload deliverables from sub grantees to Sales Force to process payments.
- Work on deliverables as deemed necessary by State Leadership, Senior PADM & other Path leadership from time to time
- Scrutiny and verification of bills / invoices submitted by vendors, consultants and contractors before forwarding to Accounts Payable for releasing payments, as per PATH policy
- Develop and maintain tracking sheets for ongoing payments that should serve as backup documentation for releasing installment related payments
- Interact with PADMS within India and at HQ as per business needs.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance, accounting, grants administration and management and contract functions that demonstrate skill in budget development, financial tracking, compliance management, analysis and report writing.
- Post Graduate degree in management, finance, accounting, economics or relevant field.
- Preferred: Chartered Accountant.
- Excellent financial management, accounting and budgeting skills.
- Ability to multi task and coordinate project work involving team members at all levels across the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of international/local donor requirements as well as experience managing grants, contracts, agreements and sub-agreements.
- Ability to learn, adopt and champion new business systems and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel and MS Project Word, as well as the ability to learn other software tools readily and implement/use them successfully.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowing Hindi, written and spoken will be an added advantage.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to identify business needs, gather and analyze information, infer and provide recommendation.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within diverse teams.
- Well-organized and attention to details with good follow-through skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.