United Nations Volunteers, Kyiv, Ukraine
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNFPA Program Analyst or her designated mandated representative(s), the National UN Volunteer will:
- Monitor UNFPA’s project and country programme activities on gender mainstreaming by keeping a close record of activities and expenditures, revision of logframes, work plans and result matrix to track the progress towards indicators.
- Proactively assist in gathering of information regarding legal and socio-economic environment of the country programme gender component, implementing partners, government authorities, local civil society organizations and other counterparts, which may be of use to the programme for informing decisions etc.;
- Support in project data analysis and visualization, produce data visualization reports;
- Conduct needs assessment: as appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, questions are simple and user friendly, easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organize and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the programme;
- Prepare periodic progress reports and disaggregated data inputs to UN Info/UNDAF/UNGTG and document lessons learnt and challenges;
- Monitor the assistance provided by UNFPA to implementing partners paying attention to quality of activities and tracking the progress, prioritize the collection of accurate and complete age and sex-disaggregated data in particular to understand how COVID-19 impacts individuals differently, in terms of prevalence, trend;
- Contribute to drafting donor reporting, concept notes and recommendations to streamline gender programme activities;
- Perform field visits to monitor implementation of the gender programme activities and ensure the quality and accuracy of the collected or reported data;
- Contribute to developing of ToRs for research/assessment/evaluation exercises to be conducted within the gender programme framework.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Country Office, Regional Office and HQ.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent Required experience:
24 Months Experience remark:
- Relevant professional experience in project monitoring, managing information, coordination or related area;
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems, advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.), teleconferencing is essential;
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information, ability to formulate information management-related technical requirements and operating procedures;
- Strong ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets, including visualising results of the analysis;
- Sound knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods of social research, including experience of developing and analysing surveys, will be a strong asset;
- Understanding of the UN SDGs is recommended.
- Ukrainian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent.