Project Cycle Management (PCM) Trainer
United Nations Development Programme, Tirana, Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Regional Programme on Local Democracy in the Western Balkans 2 (ReLOaD2) is a continuation of the EU-UNDP partnership and previously supported initiative – ReLOaD1, implemented in the four-year period 2017 - 2020.
- ReLOaD2 continues to strengthen participatory democracies and the EU integration process in the Western Balkans by empowering civil society and youth to actively take part in the decision making and by stimulating an enabling legal and financial environment for civil society. The programme will be implemented in the following IPA beneficiaries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Serbia.
- Working across the region, ReLOaD2 will enhance capacities of local governments (LGs) and civil society organizations (CSOs) to engage in productive partnerships and contribute to improved service delivery and realization of local priorities in line with development strategies.
- ReLOaD2 in Albania will work with 10 partner LGs selected through a competitive process and will focus on institutionalization of the interaction between the LGs and civil society. It will incite partner LGs to mainstream public funding for CSOs in a transparent and development-oriented manner, recognizing local needs and embracing a project-based approach. The Action will also promote youth engagement and support implementation of youth initiatives and will work on improvement of their economic perspectives in all partner localities.
Capacity building for LGs staff is one of the main pillars of ReLOaD2 work in all it’s partner LGs.
- Specifically, through these trainings, the action will contribute in fostering the understanding of key PCM elements, participatory budgeting and all necessary steps related to implementation of the transparent financial mechanisms for financing civil society organizations (CSOs). Therefore, PCM and the methodology for allocation of public funds to CSOs (LOD methodology) will be at the center of the trainings. The trainings will also be in coherence with principles of local planning and monitoring. Specifically, in Albania capacity building of LG’s staff is of a crucial importance due to the reform processes since the territorial reorganization under the administrative and territorial reform. LGs continuously count on partnerships and additional funding opportunities to implement their strategic priorities. Simultaneously, they must ensure efficient utilization of their own budgets, more precisely ensuring budgetary funds foreseen for CSOs. In this context, it is essential to enhance the capacities of local administration in terms of the entire Project Cycle Management (PCM).
- The objective of the consultancy is to prepare one comprehensive training curricula on PCM and LOD methodology. This curriculum will be used in the delivery of three trainings. Each training will be three days long and it will be organized for a group of 10 participants. In total there will be 30 participants, representing all partner LGs of ReLOaD2 Programme in Albania.
Corporate Responsibility and Teamwork:
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time;
- Strives for and promotes excellence in performance continually;
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- Generates ideas and seizes opportunities to support corporate strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to the ideas, interests, and concerns of others;
- Builds trust and engenders morale by displaying open, transparent and credible behavior;
- Respects individual/cultural differences; utilizes diversity to foster teamwork;
- Ensures others’ understanding of, involvement in, and adaptation to a change process.
Partnering and Networking:
- Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies;
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as work autonomously.
- Plans and ensures quality results to meet established goals.
- Formulates written information clearly and persuasively;
- Shares information openly with co-workers and partners while using discretion to protect confidences;
- Presents information in a clear and articulate manner.
Job Knowledge and Expertise:
- Strong analytical skills;
- Advanced writing skills,
- Proven skills in conducting researches, interviews, and reporting,
- Conceptual and practical knowledge of policy development, with specific focus on public budgets,
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies,
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations regarding civil society sector,
- Executes day-to-day tasks systematically and efficiently,
- Initiative and sound judgment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in project management, public policy, public administration, or a related social science field.
- Valid trainer certificate from institutions in the field of PCM will be considered an asset.
- Minimum five years of relevant and proven professional experience in delivery of PCM trainings
- Experience in project proposal preparation, project management and monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Good usage of MS Office and online tools.
- Relevant experience in training representatives of public institutions (central and/or local) in Albania will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in delivery of trainings for EU/UNDP will be considered and asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Albanian.