Project Leader, Immunization
PATH, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The incumbent will provide technical assistance to Government of India and state governments of Bihar and UP on in planning and implementation of JE Vaccination campaigns including adult vaccination with specific focus on UP and Bihar
- Review/develop technical documents, fact sheets, donor reports, media briefs, crisis communication documents, policy documents, donor reports, annual reports and resource material.
- Forecasting and streamlining vaccine supply chain, logistics and Cold chain management.
- Data analysis-Monitoring and Evaluation of the JE vaccination Program.
- AES/JE surveillance.
- Support integration of JE Vaccine in the Routine Immunization (RI)
- Conduct National, State and district level workshops and trainings.
- Conduct Rapid convenience assessments of the JE vaccination campaigns/ UIP.
- Oversee field activities and mentor field team in Implementation of project activities
- Coordinate with the vaccine manufacturer for vaccine supply and delivery management.
- Track AEFIs (Adverse Events Following Immunization) and support in developing new project proposals and reports.
- Assure that project timelines and deliverables are adhered to in a timely fashion. Anticipate problems and provide solutions as and when required
- Provide periodic briefings/ updates on project status, obstacles and issues.
- The incumbent will also support the JE VISP and other projects as per need.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements (including reporting) in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain key relationships integral to the PATH India immunization work at the state and center level.
- Project management, including implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrate excellence in developing, leading and managing teams
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with public health agencies, donors, project partners and government counterparts
- Successful experience in managing milestone-based projects within budget and time constraints
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional skills and the ability to create / work in cross functional teams
- Attention to details and quality
- Passion for PATH’s mission and programs
- Basic knowledge of epidemiology and biostatistics. Understanding immunization systems in India, regulatory and adverse event following immunization.
- Travel – up to 60% (UP/ Bihar/ other states in India)
- Medical Graduate with Master’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent plus a minimum of 7 -10 years of relevant experience in project management, design and implementation. At least 5 years of experience in supervising community outreach programs is also required.