Project Management Unit Officer
International Potato Center, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an experienced Project Management Unit (PMU) Officer to work directly with CIP Leaders and help them to execute worldwide projects and ensure the delivered on-time, within the applicable scope and budget.
About the role:
- This position provides project operations assistance to CIP Project Leaders and Research for Development projects worldwide. It will assist in the coordination of programmatic, logistical, and consulting support.
- The position is an integral member of the Project Management Unit and other Operations teams collaborating and coordinating with Regional Directors, Program Leaders, Country Managers, and Project Leaders to deliver successful completion of agreed-to project deliverables, on time and in budget, to donors and customers. This position will also assist in ensuring that project staff follow CIP policies and procedures while adhering to donor rules and regulations while acting as the liaison between project field offices and Lima-based interdepartmental teams (i.e., Finance, HR, Grants and Contracts, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Proposal Development Team) to ensure projects are successful. This position includes up to 30% travel to field sites.
- This position will be based in New Delhi, India.
- Implementation and Compliance
- Travel to new project countries to lead the efficient and effective project start-up and close down processes
- Aid project management in preparing annual work plan and quarterly implementation plans, devise means of achieving outputs while staying within budget constraints
- Serve as primary point of contact for project Operations during and after the life of the project
- Assist project team with management and implementation of project deliverables
- Review and distribute country-specific security information to key staff
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal CIP Programs, Regions, DCEs, and operations managers and other project partners
- Track projects' annual budgets and forecast while working with project management to explain variance, and make needed programmatic course corrections if necessary
- Review Project Status Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight
- Review invoices from project partners, challenge or approve as appropriate
- Supports Project Leaders with contractual management, linked to the Grants and Contracts unit
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor progress against project output and provide feedback and action steps to Regional Director, Country
- Manager and Project Management to achieve project objectives
- Ensure project performance technical reports are completed and dispatched to donors' representatives
- Coordinate or complete the submission of all Donor required reports
- Regularly champion project successes through stories, website postings, Past Performance Reports, flyers and corporate capability statements
- Organize and maintain shared knowledge ports for supporting projects (KM Hub, websites)
- Ensure consistent and proper use of the International Potato Center brand
- Liaise with donors and customers to exchange necessary project information
- Coordinate with Program Leaders to communicate relevant project information throughout the organization Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Project Management the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan per donor requirements
- Team Management
- Supports the Head of PMU in coordinating PMU staff
- Contributes to performance evaluation and development of PMU staff.
- Supports the Head of PMU in gathering and analyzing data through statistical analysis and writing reports that can offer management effective solutions for projects
- What we are looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Financial Management or related field. Master's degree in Development, Administration and/or Project Management, will be desirable.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with international donors is essential.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Advanced Knowledge in software solutions (ERP)
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Recognized as results-oriented team player who is adaptable to changing business needs and capable of contributing to the team's success effectiveness.