Plan International, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
- Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
- We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
- We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Plan International has received available funding to implement a 5-month emergency response in the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur. This is to support communities affected by Super Typhoon Rolly. In this regard, Plan International is looking for competent and passionate individuals to fill the following role.
- The Project Manager will lead and will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the emergency response. She/he will lead the emergency response team and will also work with identified local partners. She/he will ensure that the processes in the project are aligned to Plan’s approaches, policies, and mandates. This role will be based in Legazpi, Albay. The project will cover the provinces of Albay and Camarines Sur, Philippines.
Further, as the Project Manager:
- You will be tasked to lead the preparation and creation of the detailed implementation plan of the project.
- You will take the over-all monitoring of the emergency response, taking into consideration Plan International standards and donor compliance.
- You will ensure that situation reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- You will ensure that child safeguarding, gender, and inclusion standards are followed.
- You will represent and promote Plan International in relevant sector cluster meetings.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in the role you will need among other things:
- Passionate and committed to addressing issues affecting disaster resilience and child safeguarding.
- Degree in Community Development, Social Science, Disaster Management Development Studies, and other related courses. An advanced degree is an advantage.
- Has relevant training on Rights-based programming; Community Development; Program / Project Management; Participatory Rapid / Rural Appraisal, Safety, and Security, Risk Management.
- Minimum of five years' experience in program management, preferably in an international development agency.
- Has proven ability to manage budgets and programs, particularly in an emergency setting.
- Supervisory experience is a must. Minimum of three years.
- Has a solid background in community organizing and development, influencing, creating, and maintaining networks and alliances.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred