The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job :
The Project Officer (Site Management) is responsible for supporting the establishment and maintenance of an effective coordination system to ensure the department can undertake the identification, assessment and management of vulnerable individuals and households at the site level. In particular, the Project Officer will serve as a focal point for the management and coordination of delivery and upkeep of assistance and services to sites across all sectors.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of program activities related to the provision of services and assistance to vulnerable and at-risk individuals at the site level. To this end, support the Project Support Team Leader (Site Management) in producing and updating weekly workplans and implementing program activities accordingly.
- In coordination with the Project Support Team Leader (Site Management), contribute to the delivery of assistance to identified sites as part of programatic interventions. In particular, ensuring that all material needs of individuals and households in the sites requiring assistance are met.
- Facilitate and contribute to the mobilization and participation of those assisted at site level, with particular emphasis on meaningful inclusion of women, children, elderly and persons with specific needs into the decision-making processes.
- Contribute to for the identification, coordination, upkeep and oversight of site solutions for vulnerable individuals and households identified by the mixed migration team during intake and vulnerability screening.
- Cooordinate with partner agencies, CSOs and service providers in ensuring that sites are well kept, operational and to a good standard.
- Identify new sites options avlaible throughout Tripoli, including conducting site assessments, interviews, procurement and operational procedures to ensure that shelter options are fit to host vulnerable individuals and households.
- Conduct any other programatic tasks related to the provision of assistance as instructed by the Project Support Team Leader (Site Management)
- Contribute to the development of DRC standard operating procedures as well as other strategic documents.
- Contribute to the mointoring and follow up on maintenance of site infrastructure and support the mobilization of site residents
- Support the implementation of small scale mitigation work in coordination with the site development team, map safety risks and other hazards at site level and surrounding communities when feasible.
- Contribute to the development of an effective referral mechanism in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that quality and acurate reports and supporting documentation on program activities related to the provision of Site Management assistance, are submitted timely and on a daily basis to the Project Support Team Leader (Site Management) and to the MEAL unit for verification, aggregation and analysis. To this end, ensure that both the hard and soft copies of all activity reports are archived on the server and/or uploaded onto online platforms for information management as relevant
- Ensure that all information or data shared is done so in a manner that upholds the principle of data protection and confidentiality
Representation and coordination :
- Develop positive relationships with beneficiaries, local communities, local authorities, humanitarian partners, service providers etc. in order to maintain trust in DRC’s professional standard and quality of work among all stakeholders.
- Ensure that all interactions with individual beneficiaries take place in an environment and in a way that respect and promotes their safety, trust and dignity. Ensure that all interactions with other stakeholders such as community members and service providers are conducted in accordance to the principles of respect, confidentiality and collaboration.
- Contribute to the effective implementation of support activites related to the effective implementation of the program, including in terms of logistics, administration, human resources, finance and security. In all matters, comply with internal directive and policies as communicated by the Protection Manager.
- In coordination with the Site Management Team Leader and the Site Management Manager act as the focal point for the supply chain department regarding the provision and distribution of material and household assistance to shelters.
About you :
- 2 years of professional experience in the field of social work, humanitarian assistance, human rights, community development or any other relevant field
- Previous experience working with international and national NGOs
- Knowledge of the protection and humanitarian issues affecting migrants and refugees in Libya.
- Proven capacity to represent the organization to external stakeholders in a professional manner
- High-level of computer literacy and proven capacity to write short activity reports