Job Description and Candidate Profile
Baastel is looking for two Project Officers for permanent positions based either in Canada (Gatineau) or Belgium (Brussels). The selected candidates will join the Corporate Development team which is responsible for developing proposals and responding to calls for tenders, as well as administrative management of consulting mandates. Ideal candidates will be able to manage several tasks simultaneously, with great attention to detail, in order to develop and maintain strong relationships with our partners and clients, and to win major contracts.
Please note that this position does not require international travel and that candidates will be required to hold a valid work permit in Canada or Belgium prior to being offered employment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identification of opportunities for business around the world;
- Preparation of proposals in response to calls for proposals launched by potential clients;
- Recruitment of consultants and organization of consultancy teams;
- Budget preparation;
- Business development including building partnerships and markets;
- Analysis of results achieved and review of lessons learned and strategies.
- Coordinate and monitor consultancy projects to ensure adherence to clients' timelines and requirements;
- Act as focal point between clients and consultants for all administrative, contractual and budget issues;
- Support team leaders for the organization of field work and related logistics;
- Manage contractual processes with clients and consultants;
- Carry out budgetary control and coordinate invoicing processes in collaboration with the accounting division;
- Update project databases and CVs;
- Ensure website updates;
- Ensure appropriate project information availability.
- Master's degree in management / administration or international development, or related field, with at least 3 years of relevant experience;
- Interest for and good understanding of international development;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong understanding of written and spoken French. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset;
- Good knowledge of office software; interest in social media (LinkedIn, website) an asset
- Prioritization and multitasking, works well under pressure;
- Good analysis and synthesis skills;
- Attention to detail and to quality;
- Ability to develop business relationships and foster collaboration;
- Ability with numbers and budgets;
- Excellent mediation, negotiation and problem-solving capabilities;
- Organization and ability to meet deadlines;
- Team spirit, leadership, energy and enthusiasm.
Description and profile of the role of project officer
Baastel is looking for two project officers for permanent jobs based either in Canada (Gatineau) or in Belgium (Brussels). The selected candidates will join the Business Development team which is responsible for the development of proposals and responses to calls for tenders, the administrative management of consulting mandates and the development of business opportunities. The ideal candidates will be able to manage several tasks simultaneously, with great attention to detail, in order to develop and maintain solid relationships with our partners and customers, and to win major service export markets.
Please note that this position does not include field missions and that candidates must previously hold a valid work permit in Canada or in Belgium.
List and description of tasks
The key functions planned for the position are:
- Preparation of proposals (service offers) in response to international calls for tenders launched by potential customers;
- Recruitment and selection of experts, training of project teams;
- Preparation of provisional budgets;
- Business development and research of new international markets and partners;
- Analysis of the results obtained and review of lessons learned and better strategies.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of consultation projects;
- Perform administrative follow-up on projects according to deadlines and specific customer requirements;
- Act as point of contact between clients and consultants for all administrative, contractual and budgetary questions;
- Support team leaders for mission logistics and the smooth running of projects;
- Manage the contractual process with clients and consultants;
- Perform budget control and coordinate the billing process with accounting.
- Participation in the maintenance of the database (CVs, projects, etc.);
- Updating of social media and website;
- Ensure good availability of project information.
Required Skills :
- Master in management / administration / international trade or an equivalent field, with relevant experience of at least 3 years;
- Interest in and good understanding of the challenges of international development;
Excellent skills in English and French, fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Good knowledge of IT tools (MS Office);
Required qualities :
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Good analytical and synthesis skills;
- Attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to develop business relationships and generate collaboration;
- Ease with development and budget monitoring;
- Organization and respect of deadlines, ability to work under pressure;
- Team spirit and initiative, energy and motivation.