About the Organization:
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for them. They provide expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Position: Project Officer Skills and Employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of Project Design and Partnership Officer, the Project Officer will have the responsibility for the following activities:
Project Implementation and Management
S/he would have the overall responsibility to implement the project on ground and achieve the intended goal and impact. S/he is expected to be competent to carry out the following tasks (not limited to) to achieve the project’s targets:
- Preparation and review of detailed project implementation plan
- Carry out the local skills ecosystem mapping
- Identification of appropriate local partner/s, technical support agency/s, state government departments etc. and arranging their buy in to partner with the project and support its implementation.
- Together with the partners’ support
- Lead and coordinate the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, training, study tours and related activities relevant to the implementation of the project.
Coordination with stakeholders and effective communication of results
- Ensure close coordination and strong partnerships with all partners and stakeholders like ITIs,State Skill Department, local industries, other relevant government line departments at State,district and block levels, schools, colleges, Vocational Training Providers, etc.
- Keep abreast of skill and job demand in the local industries, identifying crucial tie ups and partnering with local institutes, employers in organised and unorganised sectors to ensure they know about the project to enable matchmaking of candidates receiving skilling under the project with relevant local jobs.
- Ensure high quality information and visibility of the project activities to the stakeholders.
Regular reporting to UNDP Country Office (CO) in New Delhi
- Liaise with state team and country Office to coordinate project implementation strategies and progress.
- Manage the financial resources of the project, including budgeting and budget revisions, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting.
Effective monitoring and communications of the project
- Put in place a Results Based Monitoring System
- Identify key performance indicators as well as develop and maintain a monitoring system to ensure effective information sharing
- Ensure timely review meetings
- Develop a well-coordinated and well-planned system of production of project progress and financial reports, plans of action and other documentation requirements of CO.
- Ensure regular production of case studies, social media posts, photographs, short videos from the project
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, preferably in Economics, Public Policy, Governance, or related disciplines.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, preferably in Economics, Public Policy, Governance, or related disciplines with relevant professional qualifications and necessary knowledge to undertake the assignment.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in skill development and employment generation projects.
- Prior experience of working with international development agency/s and CSR projects in the domain of employment and entrepreneurship
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge and skills in IT (MS office) is a prerequisite for theassignment. Preference will be given to the candidate possessing high quality of professional excellence in result-based project management. Being part of a dynamic team, s/he must be able to perform effectively as a good team member and equally capable to undertake independent assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of skill development projects in Madhya Pradesh as well as in India and other countries, skill development programs of the Govt. as well as a good network in the skilling ecosystem.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Hindi (mandatory)