Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is a United Nations body responsible for infrastructure, procurement and project management (General Assembly Resolution 65/176 of 2010). Our mission is to help people improve their living conditions and countries to achieve peace and sustainable development. The three priority areas of UNOPS correspond to:
- Sustainable Infrastructure: UNOPS designs, builds, repairs and maintains infrastructure in some of the most challenging environments in the world. Its activities are focused on the development of transportation, education and health infrastructure, among other areas.
- Public procurement: UNOPS is a central procurement resource for the United Nations system and governments. It emphasizes an efficient, transparent and sustainable delivery of goods and services.
- Project management: UNOPS manages more than a thousand humanitarian, development and peacebuilding projects per year for different partners, ensuring quality, effectiveness and results that meet the highest standards.
The work of UNOPS seeks environmental, social and economic sustainability, which contributes to the progress of equity and the common good of the countries in which it operates, thus promoting the improvement of the living conditions of those most in need. UNOPS has a presence in 23 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. The services, products and technical assistance comply with the public administration principles of transparency, equity, integrity, free competition, impartiality, morality, effectiveness, efficiency and respect for national institutions.
In Nicaragua, UNOPS has been providing support in the implementation of health infrastructure projects with the Government and various International Development Banks.The assistance includes, among others, the strengthening of capacities and implementation of investment, development and / or review programs and projects. investment studies, definitive designs and studies, and procurement strategies, bidding and contracting processes, management of infrastructure works and supervision of works.
The Project Support Associate - (Contract Management) will report to the Coordinator of the Project Support Area and will work in close coordination with the members of the area in the functions specified below:
- Manage the performance of Quality Analysis of the drugs and / or supplies contracted in UNOPS projects, which includes the preparation, updating and socialization of quality analysis guidelines, others.
- Control and updated records of Quality Certificates.
- The project (s) will have updated information for the monitoring and control of the internal processes of Contract Management, in coordination with the supervision of the STP area and in close communication with the finance and procurement areas.
- Provide monitoring and management of contracts, which allows to know the status of each contract / OC globally and at different levels of detail, raising the necessary alerts in a preventive way, taking the necessary actions to mitigate them.
Knowledge and Innovation Management
- Participation in UNOPS communities of practice that are relevant to the dissemination and application of internal project knowledge.
- Manage the compilation, consolidation and analysis of relevant project data.
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- Completion of secondary studies is required.
- A first-level university level (equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree) preferably in auditing, finance, public administration, business administration, economics, engineering, management, logistics or related disciplines is desirable and may replace some of the years of experience required.
- It requires 02 to 06 years of relevant experience (depending on academic credentials) in contract management or procurement of infrastructure, goods or services.
- It is desirable to have experience in contract or procurement management for international organizations, international banks and / or multilateral and bilateral entities.
- Fluent Spanish language is required.
- Knowledge of the English language will be valued