Project Support Officer
United Nations Volunteers, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Project Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Project Support Officer will:
Admin and Financial Management
- Assist the programme team in preparing and updating Annual Work Plan and Quarterly Work Plans
- Assist in compiling supporting documents for preparing payment request for PO and non-PO good/services vendor payments.
- Review and safely keep VAT bills for claim to IRD.
- Assist in compilation of grant related documents
- Assist in new vendor registration process and update/activation of archived vendors
- Assist in completion of standard forms for email, ATLAS access and UN ID card renewal
- Coordinate with project personnel for completion of all mandatory UN trainings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Admin and Finance Officer
Procurement and Logistic Management
- Assist in facilitation of procurement of equipment, supplies and services.
- Assist in dispatch of procured goods and equipment to the assigned destination
- Assist in maintaining record of office’s purchased goods, received goods from other sources for both expendable and non-expendable items
- Handle and properly maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Assist to organize and manage events organized by the Project.
- Assist to manage travel arrangements for national travel/missions and participants to national level workshops.
- Assist in office vehicle management, movement and maintenance as required.
Support to the project team.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders for confirmation of meetings. Draft meeting minutes and disseminate them in timely manner
- Assist in maintenance of project communication information database and photo library.
- Assist in providing necessary support to the project team including technical experts, GESI focal points, Community Volunteers in 6 municipalities and UNDP FOs
- Assist to ensure GESI is adequately addressed in the project activities in coordination with GESI focal person of PGRP/UNDP.
- Conduct any other function as requested by the Project Manager
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. management, development, public administration, procurement or human resource or related areas;
- Required experience: 36 Months
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in administration and finance or other relevant programmes; experience with Do No Harm is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Sound knowledge in project management procedures
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in Resilience and Environment, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Nepalese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent