Project Technical Officer
National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis, Bihar, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT), a permanent institute under the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), is an internationally recognized institution for Tuberculosis (TB) research. They are a Supranational Reference Laboratory and a WHO Collaborating Centre for TB Research and Training.
Position: Project Technical Officer (Medical Social Worker)
Job specifications / responsibilities:
- Get trained in Protocol of National TB Prevalence Survey, India 2017-18 as well as SOPs and training manuals.
- Assist Senior Investigator in training & sensitizations as well as other preparatory activities for the survey.
- Organize sensitization of local leaders, community representatives and community groups.
- Ensure participation of community members in Survey.
- Supervise specifically census enumeration process
- Address non-participation and manage instances of anti-propaganda in positive manner.
- Establishing coordination and support from local health facilities and authorities for survey activities.
- Any other job as assigned by Survey PMU.
- Graduate in social sciences/ Social Work/ Sociology / Medical Sociology/ Psychology / Anthropology from a recognized university with 5 years’ work experience from a recognized institution. (or)
- Master’s degree in social sciences/ Social Work/ Sociology / Medical Sociology/ Psychology / Anthropology
- Experience in administering Informed Consent
- Experience of working in community health programs
Upper age limit: 30 years