Projects support specialist
Food and Agriculture Organization, Budapest, Hungary
Closing Date for Applications:
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensure the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improve the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Client Support team or another functional team in the SSC, receives general guidance on the formulation and implementation of projects or tasks related to client support services.
- The Project support specialist works across SSC teams as well as with focal points in FAO’s administrative and information technology divisions at headquarters. The Project support specialist documents the business requirements, high and intermediate level processes and determines the optimal configuration, solutions or processes, develops implementation plans and monitors progress.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project support specialist will:
- Carry out the required analysis in order to formulate project plans in the area of of client support delivery and administrative servicing;
- Liaise with relevant Business Units in resolving problems and correcting defects identified during the project implementation;
- Maintain project plans, logs and other documentation for multiple work streams (Contact Centre, Payroll, Finance, HR) and prepares status reports
- Use the corporate ERP system and corporate databases, perform data-mining, review and analysis of data;
- Assess the level of trouble-shooting activities required for reconciliation exercises, create action plan for carrying out the necessary trouble shooting, assess and involve necessary resources within the SSC;
- Execute tests where necessary and keep the related test plans and test logs up to date with test results;
- Train the team on trouble shooting techniques;
- Maintain effective contact and liaise with both SSC and FAO stakeholders in the context of the implementation of projects and identified solutions;
- Work with the FAO Decentralized Office personnel where necessary to deploy the identified solutions;
- Prepare training materials and delivers training;
- Update the SSC Knowledge Base with process specific information;
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
Other duties may include:
- Analysis to streamline existing business processes and implement new technology to improve efficiencies;
- Perform testing as needed and assist in the resolution of service delivery requests;
- Maintain close and effective relations with various HQ divisions to ensure that process improvements are appropriate and implemented in a timely basis;
- Monitor and escalate system process concerns identified by the SSC, HQ, and Country Offices. Serve as an escalation point for major escalated service delivery issues;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or other relevant disciplines or relevant certification.
- Five years of relevant experience in administrative servicing, client support and/or Project Management.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for PSA.SBS.