Proposal Writer (Business Development Consultant)
Institute for Sustainable Communities, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
This is a temporary, full-time consulting position (6 months) with potential for
full-time employment in the future.
The Proposal Writer will increase ISC’s International Team capacity to develop outstanding proposals for new opportunities in South and Southeast Asia with corporate, foundation, and government donors. This will include researching, designing, positioning, writing, producing, and submitting competitive, comprehensive, and well-written proposals that will increase ISC’s funding in the Asia region. The Proposal Writer will work closely with the VP of International Programs, Country Directors and International Senior Program Officers, and may also work on assignments to support ISC’s U.S. programming.
- Conduct research as needed, to include information on potential donors, partners, environmental sustainability trends, technical experts, geographic areas, sectors, and technologies.
- Draft and refine program design approaches, including development of program logic models.
- Draft proposals and concept notes, pitch presentations, and other written materials related to the program development process.
- Coordinate meetings with targeted donors, partners and others, preparing agenda and producing summary notes.
- Support program staff in analyzing program results and impact that can be incorporated into ISC qualifications.
- Update and maintain Salesforce data relevant to International Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related areas of expertise or equivalent work experience, Master’s preferred.
- Three to five years of experience writing proposals and supporting business or program development.
- Familiarity with urban sustainability, climate change, energy, supply chain management, circular economy, water stewardship, and/or community development.
- Able to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
- Work experience in Asia is preferred.
- Commitment to ISC’s mission and goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superb writing, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, function effectively as a member of a global team, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate complex development issues in a clear and simple way to diverse audiences.