Norwegian Refugee Council, Aden, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
The Protection Assistant (Information Management) will work as a part of a protection team dedicated to the field based projects that seek to prevent, monitor and respond to issues that affect the safety, dignity and participation of displacement-affected women, men, girls and boys in Yemen. The Protection Assistant (Information Management) will Work closely with the Protection Officer and all NRC field teams. He/she will be responsible for information management of the project, responsible of supervising the process of uploading/downloading data, preparing the required lists, will make sure all data is cleaned and doubled checked, assist in preparing data reports as requested as requested. the Protection Assistant will help ensure that NRC has good evidence of protection issues and is able to respond to these appropriately.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated duties according to plan of action.
- Record and file information correctly.
- Work with diverse groups of people, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas that will help NRC respond appropriately.
- Work with a small team of protection staff to Supervise the regular uploading of data from smart tools to KoBo platform.
- Assist by Providing data analysis and contribute in producing reports; as requested.
- Prepare required Cash assistance / Referral lists on weekly/Monthly basis.
- Ensure that data cleaning is done for all lists eliminating/minimizing multiple-counting or other errors.
- Support the field teams during cash distribution as needed in recording the cash and/or material assistance provided by NRC and ensure a regular analysis of this data.
- Train NRC Staff in how to use data collection tools and initial need assessments on Kobo.
- Support the Protection Officer in filling and double-checking all activities data reports.
- Prepare/Translate any documents related to the activities implementation when requested.
- Ensure Confidentiality and Data integrity.
- Contribute programming ideas to help NRC design protection projects that are realistic and contextually-appropriate.
- Undertake field visits / meetings as requested.
- Support efforts to mainstream gender sensitivity into NRC Yemen’s ways of working both internally and in terms of our programming.
- Any other tasks as identified by management.
- A university degree in computer Sciences/Information Systems/Information Technology or related technical field.
- An understanding of humanitarian principles and basic protection principles.
- Excellent Excel, Word and Power point skills.
- An understanding of data collection methods and good skills in undertaking this.
- Good writing skills in Arabic and English to record information and support the preparation of relevant reports and case studies.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of spoken Arabic an advantage.
- This role will involve working with various people in the community. Women and people with special needs are encouraged to apply.
- Integrity and honesty in dealing with confidential information.
- Diplomatic and able to conduct discussions on sensitive topics with diverse groups.
- Ability to work well as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
- Pro-active, goal-oriented and results driven.
- Flexible and creative.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate well in both English / Arabic.
- English language skills desirable.