IMPACT Initiatives currently has an open position for an Assessment Officer in Ukraine. The incumbent will be part of the REACH Initiative unit and work primarily on assessments in responding to COVID-19. IMPACT is seeking a professional with experience in developing and coordinating assessments in a development context. The ideal candidate will be eager to work in a dynamic organization with opportunities to build coordination skills whilst overseeing assessments which inform the humanitarian needs overview and humanitarian response plan.
Under the functional supervision of the Assessment Manager in Ukraine and IMPACT HQ in Geneva, the Assessment Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating, analysis and reporting on a single research cycle under the REACH portfolio. The Assessment Officer may additionally be asked to support these process on other research cycles on an adhoc basis.
In his/her mission, the Assessment Officer will be hosted by ACTED and will fall under the responsibility of ACTED’s Country Director and his/her delegates. S/he and will fully abide to ACTED’s Security, HR, Administration and Logistics rules and regulations.
The IMPACT Assessment Officer will be responsible to support the IMPACT team in:
Assessment preparation and planning
- Secondary data review.
- Drafting data collection instruments and data analysis plans in line with IMPACT tools and templates.
- Adjusting research design based on inputs from HQ and external partners.
- Consulting internal stakeholders to ensure instruments are of a high quality and field-ready.
- Preparing materials for enumerator and team leader training sessions.
- Maintaining preparation and planning documentation, ensuring strict version control.
Research cycle management and coordination of data collection activities
- Coordinating, with the support of the field manager and field team leaders, the implementation of household surveys and key informant interviews.
- Contributing to enumerator and team leader training sessions in preparation for field.
- Monitoring and adjusting data collection strategies and tools based on feedback from the field.
- Ensuring overall quality of data and adherence to standard IMPACT processes.
- Providing regular updates on the status of the research cycle.
Report drafting and documenting the key steps of the research cycle
- Drafting presentations, reports and other products on assessments results.
- Providing suggestions in terms of data visualization and data communication.
- Ensuring tracking of all feedback provided on products.
- Maintaining a log of lessons learned and best practices.
- Assisting in the planning of – and participating in – dissemination events.
Provide M&E capacity to the assessment component of the REACH programme
- Support close compliance to M&E procedures of ACTED and IMPACT.
- Provide suggestions for improving of programme monitoring practices.
The Assessment Officer will maintain the strictest confidentiality on all data collected and related processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of any information and data belonging to or collected during his/her assignment.
- Excellent academic qualifications
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian or transitional settings, through either research, evaluation, assessments, or programmes
- Prior field experience required. Field research, M&E, or assessment experience required. Experience in working with socio-economic indicators desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Past experience in conflict affected regions is desirable
- Fluency in English required, Russian language skills is highly desirable
- Advanced skills Microsoft Word, Excel Software and Adobe InDesign
- Skills in SPSS and/or R, STATA or other statistical analysis software an advantage
- Ability to multitask with tight deadlines, on numerous research cycles
- Ability to work independently and manage people remotely