Recon Associate, Business Development Unit, Arlington, VA
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI has an immediate opening for a Recon Associate. This is an entry level Business Development role with a focus on operations and research. The Recon Associate is responsible for gathering information and preparing tools and resources to support intelligence gathering efforts for proposals. This includes research, contractual execution, travel and logistics and general administration. The Recon Associate will help identify and develop strategies to improve this process on a regular basis, as well as support the Crisis Management and Global Security Team in the event of travel emergencies and with risk assessments.
- Coordinate planning and logistics for reconnaissance trips for staff and consultants, including conducting research, arranging travel and accommodation for the traveler, scheduling in-country meetings, and processing travel-related documentation.
- Provide support to Crisis Management Team members in select travel emergency situations.
- Assist Global Security team with proposal stage security risk assessments.
- Execute contracts for consultants hired to work on proposals and coordinate their involvement in business development efforts.
- Manage proposal and reconnaissance related finances and approval requirements.
- Maintain and update reconnaissance tools, guides and reports used for business development.
- Review the reconnaissance process on a regular basis and identify common problems; develop strategy for process improvements.
- Support live and tracked opportunities, working with the opportunity manager to provide research, write past performance references, take meeting notes and perform other support tasks.
- Support the BDU Managers and Associate Director with administrative tasks such as reconciling credit cards and organizing and updating BDU resources.
- Maintain Organizational Conflict of Interest database for Business Development Unit.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience within administrative support, project coordination, business development or other related fields.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in international studies, business management, public administration or equivalent field.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines required. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with USAID proposal processes and regulations preferred.
- Ability to be a team player and build effective working relationships with colleagues across the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft software, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word, and Adobe.
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.