This position is located in the Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO UTF Technical Cooperation Programme in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Records Management Assistant performs a large variety of routine functions to support the operational and administrative activities of the knowledge management system. He/ she contributes the knowledge-capturing and -sharing needs of the Organization and to the smooth running of the work unit.
The Records Management Assistant reports to the Knowledge Management Officer under the general supervision of the FAO Programme Director. The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs, in particular the meeting of timelines and quality of advice and support given to clients. He/She provides guidance and advice to other office support staff.
The Records Management Assistant interacts with staff at all levels within the Organization to exchange routine information concerning the entire scope of records management center support. He/ she consults the Records and Archives Unit on structural and procedural issues.
- Coordinate the divisional records management center work to meet the operational and administrative activities of records management needs of the Division.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation both electronic and paper based: send, receive, analyze, classify, route, distribute and file correspondence; check the quality of the processes and ensure that all formal requirements are met in compliance with standard procedures.
- Retrieve records; respond to special requests by undertaking in-depth research of records;
- Guide and support divisional staff at all levels in the use of the records management system;
- Assist the KMO Coordinator in monitoring records management and in providing capacity development;
- Assess and execute the transfer of semi-active records to central archives according to agreed retention schedules and procedures;
- Administer the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment relevant to the work of the KMO, including facsimile services, scanning service, and others;
- Ensure the timely dispatch of correspondence, pouch services, parcels, express mail, etc. and monitor its status and disposition.
- Perform other related functions as required to support the work of the office.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of records management support services. Actions reflect on the transparency and accountability of the work unit and on the effectiveness and efficiency of programme delivery.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Education: Secondary School Education
- Experience: Three years of relevant experience in Records Management support work
- Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English and limited knowledge Arabic (Level B)
- IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of classification and records management system
- Good knowledge and understanding of the guidelines and policies related to records and archives
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of Arabic is considered a strong asset