UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
- Lead in the Provision of Logistical Arrangements for the Conference ensuring that all necessary tasks are carried out and completed in a timely and quality manner in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide Support to the Inter-Agency Council Against Child Pornography -Technical Working Group (IACACP TWG), East Asia and the Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) Organizing Agencies, and UNICEF CO for the Preparation of the above Conference, including the Youth Conference that will take place before the Regional Meeting, including but not limited to, Convening of Meetings; Preparation of Meeting Notes and Presentations; Updating of Task Matrix; Monitoring and Following Up of Deliverables and Tasks.
- Coordinate with Focal Points of the above Agencies, Participants, Guests, Foreign Mission, other Government Offices, Service Providers, Resource Persons to ensure a timely and facilitative flow of communication and information sharing.
- Support PCO Child Protection Team in the Preparation of Technical Papers, and Documentation Requirements of the Conference.
- Contribute in the Provision of Logistical Arrangements for the Conference.
- On-Site Support for the Youth Conference that Pre-Dates the Regional Conference and the Actual Regional Conference Itself.
- Meeting Agenda, Meeting Reports, Meeting Presentations.
- Weekly Updates, Copies of emails/correspondence, and Updated Task and Directory Matrix.
- Technical Papers and Final Report.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Bachelor's degree in any Social Sciences discipline.
- 5 Years of work experience of which are in Professional (Officer) Level in the Relevant Field and Working in Development Contexts.
- Preferably UN or NGO Experience.
- Skills in Written and Oral Advocacy are desired.
- Experience in Coordination and High-Level Event Preparation is ideal especially if it is in the International or Regional Level.
- Demonstrated Use and Application of Diplomatic Language and Comportment, necessary.
- Good Inter-Personal Skills, including a Collaborative Approach, also necessary.