The Regional Funding Coordinator reports directly to the Regional Major Gifts Manager of Greenpeace Southeast Asia and has responsibility to coordinate transnational funding received by GPSEA including all financial monitoring, campaign reporting and donor relationship management.
Transnational funding is defined as a major gift, usually a foundation grant, which is secured by one National or Regional Office (NRO) for the delivery of work at another NRO. There are strict global protocols in place to manage this flow of funding within Greenpeace that are overseen by Greenpeace International (GPI).
The Regional Funding Coordinator carries out the coordination and delivery of transnational funding income within the region. In order to do this they maintain a large network of internal regional Greenpeace relationships that are key to the success of transnational fundraising including the Programme Director’s office, campaign teams, finance teams and fundraising teams as well as key staff at both GPI and other Greenpeace offices. The Regional Funding Coordinator will be expected to travel both within the Southeast Asia region and internationally and develop and maintain excellent relationships with grant funders through strong and personal communication covering face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
This is a two (2) year contract based in Southeast Asia.
- Coordinate support for the fundraising efforts of other Greenpeace NROs and GPI when they are generating funds for Greenpeace Southeast Asia from international funders. This work will be a support role for the lead fundraiser and will coordinate on-the-ground resource within the region, bringing together the Executive Director, Finance, Fundraising and Campaigns to enable successful fundraising proposals and ongoing reporting and relationship building with the foundations.
- Work with priority NRO’s throughout Greenpeace to develop new relationships with potential transnational funders to continue to grow this income stream.
- Manage the process of writing, updating and reporting on GPSEA’s Funding Packages on an annual basis.
- Maintain and coordinate all financial tracking and reporting systems needed to monitor and evaluate GPSEA’s transnational funding income stream and proper expenditure of grant funds.
- Assist the Regional Major Gifts Manager to develop the regional major gifts programme where required.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested or assigned by the Regional Major Gifts Manager and/or Fundraising Director.
- Other duties as directed
Essential skills required:
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing or other relevant qualification
- Some experience of working in a fundraising environment and/or in an international NGO is essential.
Competencies and Skills
- Teamwork & Communication: Knowledge and/or experience in working with others and presenting information, ideas, and positions in a clear manner that can easily be understood across diverse and multi-cultural audiences.
- Innovation & Change: Knowledge and/or experience in reflecting creative and imaginative thinking, an openness to new ideas, and an ability to take calculated risks in order to meet organizational objectives
- Organizational, administrative and time management skills: to plan, organize and coordinate fundraising program activities; to address constant and varied demands on the position; to thrive under pressure
- Project Management: to coordinate staff across the region and internationally in order to meet the requirements of local and international funders both while securing the funding, reporting back for the duration of that funding and delivering end of project analysis and evaluations
- Financial management, budget preparation, and control: to prepare, monitor and control program budget; to provide input into long term financial and strategic planning
- Excellent report writing skills: in order to produce quality proposals and reporting that will satisfy and build confidence between the funder and Greenpeace
- Computer Skills: to prepare various documents and reports; to access information
Interested candidates are requested to write a letter of introduction, read the Recruitment Pack, and fill-up the application form which you can download from http://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/about-us/Work-for-Greenpeace/Regional-Fundraising-Coordinator/
and email by the closing date to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Deadline of applications: March 8,2015)