Regional Information Management Officer
IOM, Burkina Faso
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall guidance of the Regional Emergency and Post Crisis Specialist, the direct supervision of the Regional COVID Task Force Coordinator, and technical oversight of the Migration Health Special and in coordination with other relevant Units of the Regional Office (RO) for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok, Thailand, the successful candidate will support the COVID-19 related programmes in the region, and maintain an overview of and carry out specific work relating to donor reporting, information and knowledge management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Help identify and develop new strategic initiatives and programmes/projects related to COVID-19, supporting the coordination of such strategic initiatives with internal and external partners.
- Prepare and ensure timely and quality submission of regional level reports and donor briefs, in close coordination with thematic units according to requirements of IOM, donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and ensure the production of visibility and communications materials in close coordination with Regional Media Unit.
- Track inputs from missions on various COVID-19 related issues including funding, programmes, situation updates, assessments, and other contributions to regional and national level processes.
- Support in responding to inquiries from IOM Headquarters (HQ) and missions regarding IOM’s COVID-19 programmes, plans and fund raising initiatives.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, policy briefs, data bulletins and other materials on relevant themes as they arise, particularly with relevance to the COVID-19 specific humanitarian assistance, protection, tracking mobility impacts and others.
- Provide analytical, research and data support to IOM’s missions upon request, including by contributing to IOM ROAP’s wider area of work as necessary.
- Conduct desk-based research tasks and field assessments, in coordination with relevant colleagues in the regional office, with the view of identifying evidence-based good practices related to COVID-19 response and generating lessons learnt from the implementation of the related IOM programmes.
- Support the technical and logistical organization of thematic meetings and knowledge management events. Actively contribute to the research, data and learning components of such events in order to ensure dissemination of lessons learnt.
- Contribute to COVID-19 fundraising initiatives, as needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of emergency and post-crises issues;
- Understanding of the current developments and challenges in the field of COVID-19 response as an advantage;
- Knowledge of a publishing software (Publisher or InDesign);
- Knowledge of collaborative platforms such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive or Trello an advantage;
- Prior experience with a UN agency, or an international organization, is an advantage.
- Excellent research, writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and drafting abilities in English (oral and written)
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Team-oriented, but with capacity to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to deliver under tight timelines.