Regional Manager- Advocacy & Communications
Nutrition International, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Nutrition International, formerly the Micronutrient Initiative (MI), is an international not for profit agency based in Canada that works to eliminate vitamin and mineral deficiencies in developing countries. Micronutrient deficiency is a form of malnutrition and is a recognized health problem in many developing countries.
Position: Regional Manager, Advocacy and Communications, Asia
- You are a creative and enthusiastic advocacy and communications professional with 7 years of extensive experience in working in government relations, advocacy, communications, stakeholder relations or partnerships, with at least 5 years experience in a management position.
- You will have a Master’s Degree in International Relations, International Development, Journalism, Communications, Political Science or related field from reputable university or institution.
- Experience of working for an international organization or managing communications initiatives with both domestic and global audiences.
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills, with advanced presentation and networking skills is highly preferable.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible to support the Regional Director, Asia with the following:
- Strengthening and amplifying Nutrition International’s ‘voice’, through the strategic generation and use of evidence-based policy advocacy and targeted communications.
- Cementing Nutrition International’s reputation as a global nutrition organization, thought leader and innovative partner through improved marketing, branding, campaigns and regional events.
- Supporting Nutrition International’s resource mobilization goals through the strategic engagement of governments, partners, organizations and coalitions.
- Ensure consistency of voice and strategic alignment with Nutrition International’s corporate goals by developing regional priorities in coordination with country and consultation with global colleagues.
- Core tactics of this team include government relations, policy influence, coalition building, traditional media relations, social and digital media engagement, event and mission planning, corporate communication, branding and marketing.