Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, Nairobi, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
The Regional M&E Coordinator will provide strategic and technical support to NRC’s monitoring and evaluation efforts. This includes supporting the implementation of NRC M&E standards, systems and practices to produce, measure and demonstrate improvements in programme performance and inform evidence-based decision making. The Regional M&E Coordinator will assist country programs in increasing the capabilities of staff to implement M&E systems, tool and practices consistently, to improve program quality and impact.
This role reports to the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and has no supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the consideration, inclusion, collection and analysis of indicators related to cash-based interventions and market based approaches within (and across) NRC, where appropriate.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to implement cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Collaborate with M&E staff at HQ in Norway, other regions, country offices and peer organizations, as requested, in developing best practices, facilitate lessons learned and coordination.
- Support M&E compliance assessments and continuous improvement of M&E standards at country office level.
- Support country offices on data quality and timely reporting of output and outcome indicators into NRC reporting system.
- Support use of data at regional and country level, including development and use of online dashboards and other data management tools.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- University degree preferably in statistics, operations research, quantitative analysis, public policy, economics, or other social science fields, with advanced training in rigorous empirical research and evaluation methodologies
- Experienced professional with a minimum of 3 years of M&E design and implementation at a senior level .
- Solid experience of work with windows based computer software, SSP, GIS, excellent at Excel and use of Digital Data Gathering (DDG) technology
- Experience required in contemporary qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method evaluations involving major international donor programs
- Thorough familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Extensive experience in developing baseline research, logic models, data collection and analysis, mid-term evaluation, and outcome evaluation
- Fluency in English
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining cooperation of individuals not under supervisory control and manage long-distance relationships to achieve results
- Ability to engage and motivate staff and partners
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Managing performance and development
- Culturally sensitive and coping with a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Handling insecure environments