International Bureau for Children's Rights, Montreal, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the responsibility of the General Management, the incumbent has the mandate to collaborate with the various coordinations within the IBCR in order to support the regional and strategic dimension of the operations, the SEA and the expertise of the 'IBCR. The mandate also includes facilitating and promoting the strategic development of the Office, particularly in Africa, and supporting the management committee in regional representation with partners, donors, regional or multilateral bodies and local authorities.
- According to the orientations of the general management, represent the organization, contribute to processes on behalf of the organization and ensure the maintenance of harmonious relations within the framework of its attributions with external interlocutors, in particular the regional and sub-regional authorities African organizations, donors, international organizations, multilateral and bilateral agencies, other government institutions and relevant regional thematic round tables.
- Participate in establishing alliances and networking with international organizations and any other technical and financial partner or stakeholder concerned by the IBCR mandate in Africa
- Represent the IBCR at relevant events in the regions (conferences, media campaigns, advocacy, lobbying, etc.)
- Take part in the processes and follow-ups related to the management committee
- Strategic development and planning
- Contribute and implement an effective programmatic development strategy consistent with the priorities and strategic planning of the IBCR, particularly in their regional dimension in Africa.
- Develop and implement, in connection with the institutional strategy and annual planning, an annual action plan and specifically regional action (which are distinct from the country program operations), which establishes regional action priorities with objectives measurable, timelines and a realistic budget plan.
- Contribute to the identification of regional opportunities and threats for IBCR interventions, partnerships and strategic alliances and teams.
- Contribute to the analysis and development of working documents to facilitate the integration of themes and areas of expertise stipulated in the IBCR strategic plan.
- Lead and significantly contribute to the project proposal development process (feasibility studies, concept notes, recommendation, schedule and monitoring of drafting work, production of financial and narrative proposals, performance measurement framework, logic models, records of risk, Gantt chart, etc.).
- Follow up on proposals submitted to funders and partners
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of new approaches and standards from the Canadian government, United Nations agencies and other funders to ensure optimal development of project proposals.
- Ensure a smooth flow of information to general management by working closely with the coordinations, if necessary.
- According to the annual plan, carry out missions in the field, in particular for the objectives of monitoring, representation, and development in the region. The general management may also ask the incumbent to sometimes carry out training and programming missions.
- Institutional support
According to the mandates assigned by the general management, in consultation with the operations and programs department:
- Support the Coordination of expertise according to the needs in terms of integration of the thematic expertise of the IBCR, training of field staff and the added value of these as part of the organization's programming, particularly in their regional dimension in Africa.
- Support the Coordination of communications as needed in terms of integration of the mobilization and communication aspects of the IBCR, particularly in their regional dimension in Africa.
- Support the coordination of operations according to programming needs on regional aspects, particularly in Africa.
- Support the Coordination of monitoring, evaluation and learning as needed in terms of integration of activities focusing on regional synergies, particularly in Africa, and contribute to the systematization of expertise and the traceability of knowledge, in the extension of a culture learning organization.
- Support the Coordination of the voluntary cooperation program according to the integration needs of activities on strategic and regional aspects, particularly in Africa.
- Ensure the development of organizational standards, institutional positioning, and innovation of approaches and methodologies, particularly in their regional dimension in Africa.
- Perform all other related tasks related to their skills and the proper functioning of the organization
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Graduate university training in management, international development or any other related training.
- At least 8 years of experience in a bilateral or multilateral project management position, including at least 3 years in strategic planning, setting up and financing of bilateral and multilateral programs and projects.
- Perfect mastery and great writing skills in French and English spoken and written
- Knowledge of results-based management (RBM) and the Gender and Development approach (GED).
- Knowledge of IBCR's expertise in children's rights and protection systems strengthening, our theory of change and our technical expertise.
- Knowledge of the political, social and economic context of Africa
- Knowledge of working with donors and experience in developing responses to calls for tenders from multilateral banks, Global Affairs Canada as well as United Nations agencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 suite
- Knowledge of the legal framework governing the rights of the child as well as issues concerning child protection.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-ethnic team
- Good ability to identify priorities.
- Very good capacity for organization, analysis and synthesis.
- Dynamism, interpersonal skills and proactivity.
- Ability to work under pressure and adopt a flexible schedule, (occasional work evenings and weekends).
- Availability to travel in the region and occasionally in Canada, for a percentage equivalent to approximately 25% of his mandate. The availability to carry out these missions is an essential dimension of the mandate.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and / or Arabic an asset.