Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Our two flagship at-scale programs, Deworm the World and Dispensers for Safe Water, reached over 200 million people this year. They have been named “Top” or “Standout” charities by GiveWell in 2018, with Deworm the World being named a Top Charity for the fifth year in a row.
In India, Evidence Action’s technical consultant, Pramanit Karya India Private Limited, provides technical assistance to national and select state government’s ministries of health, education, and women and child development to implement the school and anganwadi based National Deworming Day (NDD) program to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development. Evidence Action has supported the government in reaching over 250 million children annually with deworming.
The India program invites applications for the position of Research Associate – IFA to be based at the Delhi office to support MLE function within the IFA technical assistance to select states.
- The Research Associate - IFA will report to Deputy Director (DD) - MLE, Delhi for technical requirements and DD-IFA for program and operational requirements.
- The position will be required to work in close coordination with other team members in the MLE team and other teams for appropriate functions.
Scope of Work:
- Will work with state and national office teams in the effective implementation of all IFA program monitoring activities, surveys and data quality assurance activities at the state level;
- Will coordinate with state teams for rigorous data collection, supporting the management of monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Will include tasks around primary data collection, secondary research and documentation for program needs and iterative design testing.
- Will include desk research, review of papers and journals, data from other national and international surveys relevant to the IFA work to be shared with the leadership.
- Will clean and consolidate data to prepare further analysis using statistical software as per guidelines developed;
- Will document all data management and analysis processes and update the program related data collection using appropriate secondary data;
- Will develop monitoring forms and other quality assurance tools, in conjunction with state teams;
- Will input and support in the design of monitoring forms for use by field teams, and other external teams for monitoring related plans and activities;
- Will support and coordinate with the state teams on all data entry, management and analysis of monitoring data for all monitoring related to training, drug, and material logistics;
- Will assist in the training of field staff for data collection as and when required;
- Will assist in data analysis and write-up of data results for preparation of reports and other documentation for both quantitative and qualitative assessment;
- Will support in other MLE initiatives of the IFA program including costing exercise, estimation of program targets and others;
- Will perform other tasks as and when required and assigned;
- Willing to travel at least 25% of the time, as required by program activities.
Education: Post graduate degree in any of these areas: statistics, econometrics, health economics, demography/population studies, operations research, public health, other social sciences or related fields.
- 2- 3 years of experience in designing, implementing, and/or analysing survey research, working with and analysing large datasets
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Hindi
- Demonstrated skills in work planning, project management and coordination
- Work experience in a reputed academic or research/survey organizations will be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of public sector health systems and knowledge of school and anganwadi based health programs (preferred).
- A good command of Stata or any other Statistical packages (SPSS). Advanced knowledge of Stata/SPSS and/or programming experience will be viewed favourably.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Hindi are essential.
- Highly motivated to achieve exceptional quality of data processes and results, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills, data interpretation skills, project management skills and strict adherence to deadlines.
- “People” skills- the ability to work with multicultural and diverse teams with various levels of training and understanding.
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interest in social programs and desire to be a part of a young and diverse team.