Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
- Research planning, execution and documentation, providing expertise and technical leadership, specifically in ARC-SWAT analysis, watershed modeling, crop models and spatial analysis.
- Work in multi-disciplinary team.
- Explore newer opportunities, network and manage outreach activities.
- PhD/ Post-doc (Agricultural Engineering/ Water Resources Engineering/ Agriculture sciences/hydrological engineering) from a reputed institute.
- The candidate must have 3-8 of proven record of working on projects using Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) Modeling, watershed modeling and crop modeling.
- The candidate must have following:
- Strong understanding of field related to impact and adaptation to climate change, measures to increase crop production and as well in relation to irrigation management, changes in land cover and/or crops.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams including climate scientists and social scientists.
- Strong computational knowledge including use of geo-informatics tool.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience on MODFLOW and CROP modeling will be an added advantage.
- Applicant must be confident, knowledgeable with excellent communication skills and computational abilities.