Research Associate III
FHI 360, Durham NC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Performs clinical research development activities with senior research staff for the Infectious Disease Clinical Research Consortium (IDCRC). Manages with development, implementation, conduct and oversight of IDCRC multi-site clinical research studies (from approval of concepts through data analysis and manuscript submission). Closely observes, evaluates and reports on study progress and site operations through study tracking, data management reports, and monitoring follow up. May investigate and develop new methods and processes for project advancement.
- Plans, organizes, and manages resources/processes for successful completion of study goals.
- Develops and implements protocols and informed consents for clinical research studies. Provides guidance on any protocol related issues.
- Manages and oversees budget for one or more clinical research projects.
- May design, implement, and manage one or many clinical research projects from initiation to delivery.
- Oversees the preparation of data monitoring plans, protocols, final reports and/or publications.
- Develops, reviews, and maintains key study documents to ensure adequate resource and reference documentation.
- May act as team lead and mentors staff on training, systems, policies, and regulations.
- Serves as the liaison with internal and external partners to ensure effective collaboration efforts.
- Facilitates and documents team calls, keeping a written record of major decisions.
- Maintains close contact with site teams and Sponsor representative(s) throughout the study.
- Initiates essential study documents collection and communicates frequently with study sites throughout the study to ensure maintenance of required document renewals and for changes in study staff or sites.
- Ensures timely reporting and completion of deliverables as appropriate.
- Assists with the design and implementation of clinical research studies, including the sampling, recruitment, and statistical analysis.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations when writing and reviewing protocols, analysis plans, reports, and manuscripts.
- Develops training materials and conducts training for study implementation based on company policies and SOPs.
- Provides input with questionnaire development, analysis, study design, and material management.
- Oversees planning of meetings, site visits, and drafting necessary documents.
- Oversees and manages a program of clinical research studies or research related activities.
- Directs the work of others and provides leadership and training on clinical research projects.
- Reviews and revises existing strategies and develops new approaches to achieve research objectives.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, and practices for conducting clinical research studies under government regulations.
- Strong understanding of software programs used to collect data and perform data analysis reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate, influences, and collaborate with others.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on complex problems that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises independent judgment in determining methods and techniques to accomplish results.
- Decisions have major impact on the management and operations of an area within a department.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and directs the work of others.
- Typically reports to a Manager/Director.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent: Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 8+ years of clinical research or evaluation experience with project management, research methodology, implementation, analysis and reporting.
- Project or technical leadership experience required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with sponsors, external collaborators, and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.