About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore is a public business school and Institute of National Importance located in Bangalore, India. Founded in 1973, they were the third IIM to be established, after IIM Calcutta and IIM Ahmedabad.
Position: Research Associate/Research Assistant – IIMB History Project
The IIMB History Project is an initiative to document the evolution of IIMB since its inception. The project is envisaged as a multi-pronged exercise with regular outputs, leading up to a comprehensive institutional account of IIMB. We visualise that a series of manuscripts and video/audio outputs will be published over the next few years, covering different aspects and themes, leading up to a comprehensive history of IIMB ahead of its Golden Jubilee in 2023.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
To work closely with the members of the History Project team and other in-house and outsourced functionaries to support all the activities of the project. To participate in the design, research, administration and monitoring ofthe different outputs
The activities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Archival research in print documents, online and Web resources and audio-visual (photograph and video) repositories
- Documentation of the outputs of the research and different initiatives as required -- generating reports, templates, handling databases
- Handling Web initiatives – co-ordinating with internal and external functionaries
- Handling interviews and interactions with identified resource persons
- Editing articles, transcribing and maintaining qualitative data such as interviews and discussions
- Co-ordination of various activities, arranging meetings, follow ups, preparing minutes and tasks as required
- Following up with vendors and outsourced partners
- Interaction and independent correspondence with internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Any other work, as assigned from time to time
Key Skills / Abilities/Knowledge required:
- Strong command over English language and grammar
- Good writing and editing skills; some familiarity with publishing protocols
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Teams as well as Zoom
- Good computer skills, understanding and experience of audio, video and web formats
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - oral and written.
- Ability to maintain organized and accurate written and electronic records of all relevant work in the department and the results thereof
- Ability to multi-task and work on many prongs of the project simultaneously, to handle shifting timelines and deliverables
Experience and Educational qualification
- Candidate should be a post-graduate from a reputed institution, preferably in History, English Language/Literature, Economics or the Humanities. Graduates in other related disciplines, including Management may also be considered.
- Candidate should preferably have some experience in Documentation and Research.
- Candidate should have some experience in audio, video and web formats