Who We Are:
EPoD India at LEAD at Krea University, in collaboration with Yale University’s Economic Growth Center and MacMillan Center, work together to use economic frameworks and analytical tools to answer pressing policy questions and spur real-world change. We partner with policymakers to understand challenges to achieving policy objectives, design and test interventions, and share applicable insights from economic theory and empirics to more effectively deliver public services and improve the well-being of vulnerable groups. Current areas of research include gender and economic engagement (labor markets, technology, and financial inclusion); environmental policy, and governance.
In partnership with our host institution, LEAD at Krea University, we are hiring a Research Manager, to support a portfolio of several research projects in India. The position will allow the selected candidate an opportunity to gain first-hand research management experience on projects at the forefront of economic research and public policy. The Research Manager will also manage at least one large-scale randomized control trial involving top academics from Yale University and other internationally acclaimed universities. The Research Manager will be responsible for financial management, budgeting, procurement, reporting, contracts/grants, as well as contribute to research design and implementation, of the assigned portfolio. This position requires a self-starting candidate with proven management experience and familiarity with applied economics research who can effectively navigate India's institutional landscape and appropriately represent LEAD and EPoD India to outside stakeholders.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to join a team of leading economists and public policy experts at Yale and other reputed universities, as well as EPoD India at LEAD, to work on cutting-edge development research and gain first-hand experience working with policy partners, implementing surveys and field experiments, and conducting rigorous data analysis.
- Support the implementation of research projects, including overseeing day-to-day field-based activities, in collaboration with relevant policy partners and India and Yale-based teams
- Maintain close contact with field-based team to manage project activities, including intervention implementation, and contribute to field-based scoping, survey design, and survey testing. Monitor field-based data collection to ensure the highest data quality standards are upheld
- Manage all assigned administrative requirements of the project portfolio, including financial management, budgeting, procurement, contract set-up and compliance, grant reporting, deliverable tracking, etc.
- Work closely with research staff and lead investigators to ensure project budgets accurately reflect program design, and budgets are updated and executed appropriately
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure timely submission of financial reports and projections, and sub-grantee/contract reports and deliverables in the portfolio to keep projects running smoothly
- Manage relationships with funding organizations and partner institutions; work with partner institutions to coordinate project administration and logistics
- Contribute to EPoD's and LEAD’s overall management and strategic vision by identifying additional sources of funding and potential partner organizations for the expansion of our research portfolio
- Contribute to grant applications as needed
- Other tasks, as required
- Master’s degree in relevant field such as economics or public policy/administration. Significant coursework in economics is highly preferred
- 3 to 5 years of management experience in international development or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven analytical skills and knowledge of common statistics software packages (e.g. STATA, R)
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and propose solutions in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to maintain an organized and structured work style in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to interact with a wide range of individuals ranging from Research Associates to academics, donors, research institutions, etc.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Willingness to visit research project sites as necessary.