The position aims to provide strategic support at the national level to ensure that research requirements of the organization are served, compliant to industry standards among civil society and academic sectors, to effectively communicate impact of World Vision Lanka (WVL) programmes in the lives of children, families and communities it serves.
To ascertain the research requirement and scope for the successful implementation of the technical programmes and explore emerging themes in the Development space suitable for WVL.
Ensures that key WVL data, information, documents/reports and experiences are secured, updated, analysed and shared internally for the purpose of monitoring, reporting, and decision-making; and (as appropriate) externally with clients, partners and stakeholders, thereby, creating an evidence base for WVL's work and preserving its institutional memory and knowledge.
- Develop and implementation of research strategy and action plan to support the programme decision making
- Establish functional knowledge management system
- Conceptualization and execution of high quality research products
- Engage and represent WV among other research and Knowledge Management networks
- Ensure efficient and effective Research Team
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- At least 5 years’ experience in developmental research, including conceptual research methodology, policy analysis, policy-based development programming, impact evaluation methodology, and qualitative research
- A Master’s Degree in natural or in the Social Sciences, with independent research work demonstrating the capacity for critical analysis and application of specialist knowledge
- A thorough understanding of the developmental context
- Experience in conducting fact-finding programmes,
- Experience in collation and the evaluation of field based raw data
- Experience in networking with government/institutional donors, UN agencies, Universities and research institutions
- Experience working in a consultancy company, an international organization or similar entity
- Excellent knowledge about research philosophies, research concepts and principles, statistical definitions, scientific tools and techniques
- Ability to recognize, capture and manage Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DME) resources and learning effectively, and to contextualize DME tools.
- Expert knowledge of information presentation techniques (graphing, charting, tabling etc.) and interpreting the same.
- High level advocacy and communications skills, including excellent command of the English language and knowledge of one or more national languages.
- Expert data handling skills (classification, categorising, tabulation etc.) and demonstrated diligence in data management.
- Knowledge and understanding of key poverty issues, development theories and holistic development in relation to programme quality.
- Experienced in implementing project and programmes in the field