Research Support Intern
IREX, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
- IREX seeks an intern with a background in Eastern Europe and Eurasia to provide support to research support programs. The intern will have a strong familiarity with the organizations and institutions that conduct educational research and policy in the region. Familiarity with higher education policy is a plus. The internship will last from January to May 2015, and will work up to 40 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with fellowship participants and alumni to develop program events and assist with program logistics.
- Compile and track a wide range of information and data specific to fields relevant to higher education policy and US foreign policy in the region.
- Provide additional program support for participants as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with and interest in foreign policy and/or higher education in Eastern Europe and Eurasia. The ideal candidate will be enrolled in or recently graduated from a graduate program in the above fields.
- Demonstrated familiarity with U.S. institutions of higher education and think-tanks focused on the region.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills.