Researcher - Agricultural Engineering (Bioenergy)
International Rice Research Institute(IRRI), Laguna, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- Under the general supervision of a Postdoctoral Fellow, plan the implementation of experiments, and other research studies relating to renewable energy from rice straw and rice straw life cycle assessment; and conduct them as specified / defined in the research outline. Collect and analyze data. Work closely together with collaborating partners. Contribute to data analysis and the preparation of manuscripts for reports, publications and presentations/posters. Assist in training activities.
- This position is based at IRRI Headquarters, Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines and can only be filled by citizens and permanent residents of the Philippines.
Roles and Responsibilities
Plan the implementation of experiments/survey(s) in the field of rice straw bioenergy and life cycle assessment.
- Coordinate with collaborators on their research activities as required
- Plan the support/manpower needed and set up work schedule
- Prepare the material and equipment needed based on research outline
- Assist in verifying and/or applying methods/techniques that will assist the successful implementation of the experiment/survey
Assist in supervising the implementation of experiments/surveys and/or other research studies in the field of rice straw bioenergy and life cycle assessment
- Oversee the work of a research technician and/or contract workers to ensure that research activities are implemented according to plan and specific standards
- Coordinate with collaborating OUs/projects/partners to ensure the timely supply of material needed for the study
- Contribute to the maintenance of research areas and direct the maintenance of technical equipment (repair/replacement)
Collect and analyze research data in the field of rice straw bioenergy and life cycle assessment
- Collect and process data to its required form
- Identify inconsistencies in the data collection and/or missing information
- Carry out graphical and basic statistical data analysis
- Update database for storage and retrieval of information/data
Contribute to the preparation of reports and publications, and presentations in the field of rice straw bioenergy and life cycle assessment
- Provide appropriate data and information on experiment(s)/research study
- Contribute to manuscripts/write –ups for annual reports and publications in refereed journals as well as presentation/posters for national and international conferences
Support the training of scholars and on-the-job trainees as required
- Assist in the coordination and running of trainings on bioenergy
- Act as resource person for training courses and visitors
- Supervise the work of Research Technicians
- Provide feedback on performance of Research Technicians to immediate supervisor
- Assist students and trainees
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in bioenergy, chemical engineering, agricultural engineering, mechanical engineering or related field with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in bioenergy, biomass, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, agricultural engineering or related field.
- Familiar with quality control tools
- Proven technical proficiency in conducting research experiments
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Experience working in research relating to bioenergy