To support USAID/Kenya East Africa (KEA) to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR). To support this journey, the J2SR program will support USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity,
and apply learning to program adaptation.
Scope of Work:
The MSP program, implemented by SoCha LLC, seeks a consultant to serve as a short-term Resilience Expert to lead and oversee remote monitoring of USAID activities being implemented by its partners in specific counties in Kenya. The consultant will be contracted by SoCha and will report directly to the M&V Coordinator and/or the designated Team Leader.
Roles and Responsibilities
The expert will serve as the team leader of the assessments/site visit, and undertake the following tasks:
- Oversee the development/refinement of the scope of work
- Design data collection tools and support/oversee quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Prepare and deliver high-quality reports to USAID and other relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate meetings/briefings with USAID and other relevant stakeholders
- Supervise enumerators and/or short- or long-term staff required for work order completion
- Lead or participate in regular check-in calls with USAID staff, as required
- Ensure quality and utility of the site visit/remote monitoring
The following deliverables will be required:
- Scopes of work, inclusive of proposed methodology and data collection tools
- Desk and document review of available materials
- Qualitative and quantitative datasets
- High-quality reports inclusive of sound and robust data collection
- Presentation of findings to USAID and other invested stakeholders Minimum
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of post-graduate qualifications in resilience, climate change, disaster risk reduction or related fields
- Minimum seven years serving as a team lead for resilience-focused assessments, evaluations, and/or monitoring and verification activities.
- At least five years of experience working on/with USAID projects; preference for experience with
- resilience, resilience, climate change, disaster risk reduction or related field
- Experience in writing and delivering high quality reports.
- Experience in dissemination to high level stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, excellent client relations.