Resource and Mobilisation Manager
World Vision, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
- Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Development and or Communications disciplines
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Strong networking and presentation skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Ability to analyse issues, identify priorities, manage projects and make decisions expeditiously.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a close-knit team – locally and internationally.
- Understanding of effective fundraising pipeline development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Plan, manage and reconcile marketing and communications related project/campaigns
- Must have a strong working knowledge on how to post and engage on various social media platforms and other online sales/marketing channels
- Strong leadership with ability to positively influence others to support strategic initiatives.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field of development.
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts and recommendations to non- technical staff at all levels, in a clear and concise style.
- Self-Manager, analytical and critical thinker, able to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects
- Track record of building long-term, productive relationships with donors
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex fundraising initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of fundraising databases
- Passion for the mission and goal of World Vision Eswatini
- High energy, positive, "can-do" attitude, innovative thinking, flexibility, team-oriented, high degree of initiative, ability to take calculated risks, measure performance and demonstrate an overall drive to build lasting fundraising success for the organisation.
- List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
Experience & Training:
- Minimum 6 years of experience with corporate-giving programmes particularly small and large corporates.
- Experience in the Corporate Social Investment space is essential as is working knowledge of Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment score card elements.
- A proven track record of successful relationship building and income generation through applying a broad business acumen to easily identify and appreciate business development opportunities is essential.
- Experience with nonprofit CRM fundraising software is essential.
- Experience with corporate prospecting, acquisition, cultivation and retention.
- Experience initiating and managing successful corporate projects, events and or campaigns.
- Cultivating, growing and closing business deals and developing corporate-giving strategies in Eswatini.
- Experience with research tools and developing corporate research profiles (Macro and Micro).
- License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
- If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:List academic requirements, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
Education:Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing and or Communications disciplines will be an added advantage
- Any training in the development and execution of marketing campaigns in a development context would be an advantage
- Digital marketing training would be an advantage
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- An affinity for World Vision’s work is an advantage, as is the ability to quickly connect with and influence decision makers inclined towards WV core business - Able to present the work of WV Eswatini with an emphasis on the impact of our work
- Ability to identify strategic change opportunities and make workable recommendations accordingly
- Technical understanding of marketing and communications functions a definite advantage
- Boosting advertising spend on digital platforms
- List additional work experience preferred for this position.
- Impact investing exposure would be an advantage.
- Facilitating shared value between NGO’s and corporate’s an advantage.
- Experience of also developing funding from international corporates outside Eswatini would be an advantage.
- Experience demonstrating the Return on Investment on income generation projects campaigns would be an advantage
- Been involved with the design and management of digital channel marketing plans
- Work Environment
- Include travel & work environment details.
- Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- Office-based with travel to visit clients on a regular basis
- Own car is required
Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.