The purpose of the BPS Solutions team is to provide excellent, sustainable and valued RM data, knowledge, processing, reporting and systems solutions to enable BPS and its clients determine and manage budget-related resources efficiently and effectively, in full compliance with applicable policy and regulatory requirements.
The team works alongside BPS and its clients to identify business needs and to determine solutions to business problems. The solutions are based on achieving excellence across BPS in the following disciplines: data management; knowledge management/advisory; process design and execution; and increasingly standardized and automated technology-based solutions.
The team has 11 accountabilities, each one representing a Work Program that is led by a Program Manager within the team.
- Business Center (Processing) Services. Provide core RM processing services to BPS Business Partners.
- Data Governance. Govern RM data operations to enable trusted, high-value business analytics and management reporting that is increasingly standardized and automated.
- ERP. Lead BPS’ contribution to the determination, development and implementation of the future WBG Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform for managing its financial resources.
- External Funds. Provide specialized External Funds processing, analytics and reporting services to BPS CoE Operations, Business Partners and their clients.
- Internal Controls. Advise BPS on internal controls and risk management, enabling the VPU to provide reasonable assurance regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable policies and requirements.
- Knowledge Management. Lead the creation, dissemination, use and management of RM knowledge across BPS and its clients, including through the provision of high-quality on-line materials and other learning services, and an on-line AskBudget advisory service.
- Planning. Govern the development, use and maintenance of effective core RM business planning and reporting processes to support VPU-level budget planning and execution.
- Policy and Audit. Govern the development, maintenance and interpretation of technical RM policy for BPS, including overseeing BPS’ input and response on RM matters raised by Group Internal Audit (GIA).
- Reporting. Lead the development, maintenance, and production of, and support the use of core, standardized, and automated on-line RM reports and analytics, including through institutional reporting systems (RM Portal, AO/BW).
- Specialized IGA Services. Provide specialized IGA processing, analytics and reporting services to BPS Business Partners and their clients.
- Systems. Design and maintain RM information systems to enable BPS staff and their clients to manage the allocation and use of resources strategically and effectively, including SAP and BPC, ensuring effective and efficient service delivery from ITS.
Duties and Accountabilities:
RM Assistants are expected to have a good understanding of business finance analytics, controls, processes and data management, able to support decision-making through the provision of timely, fit for purpose information on the management of financial resources across all funding sources. They are expected to be fully proficient in cost analysis and monitoring, research, interpretation and summarization of data in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that the day-to-day RM work program is handled in an effective and efficient manner. In line with the competencies listed below, Assistants are expected to be proficient in the core RM systems, processes and policies. They are expected to work with the senior members of the team, and with client management as business partners daily.
All BPS staff are expected to be fungible and able to work across different assignments over time depending on business needs and professional development objectives.
The job holder(s) will report to a Chennai-based RM Officer within the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline required to fulfill position specific requirements (e.g. Economics, Public Administration, Information Systems, etc.) or Non-relevant Bachelor’s Degree plus one of the following: CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting; or ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business; or equivalent country-level Accounting certificate.
- One year’s relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of the BPS business, including key RM processes, products and services
- Strong understanding of business-critical accounting and reporting applications, including SAP, AO, BW, BPC
Technical experience in some of the following disciplines:
- Business analysis, particularly for systems development
- Business process design
- Data management and intelligence, including experience working with Master Data Management and Metadata
- Report design
- Knowledge management, including advisory services
- Risk management and controls
- Track record of supporting business decision making through the provision of relevant analytics
- Demonstrable experience supporting programs financed from different funding sources