Resource Management Intern
International Organization for Migration, San José, Costa Rica
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall supervision of Senior Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO) in San José (RO) and the direct supervision of Resource Management Officer, in coordination with the Resources Management Unit (RMU), relevant units in San Jose Country Office, the intern will assist with the administrative activities of the Mission.
Tasks will include:
- Assist on human resources issues such as, elaboration and updating of personnel files, contract renewals, according to the instructions and policies of IOM Human Resources Department and collect information regarding new staff members.
- Generate and analyze the report of staff entrances and exits in a monthly basis and present the final results of the analysis.
- Respond queries about the status of the payment request processes send by the different unit of the Regional Office;
- Assist on the elaboration of the Request for Payment form of the regular services (E.g. water, electricity, telephony service, facilities maintenance, facilities cleaning, office stationery and supplies purchases, etc.).
- Review all types of payments starting from purchase to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Request for create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM and updates vendor accounts in accordance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Verify vendor requests for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered;
- Prepare necessary receipt and journal vouchers;
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
- Ensure proper and systematic filling of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
- Attend internal meetings related to operational areas of IOM's activities;
- Interact with IOM partners on relevant IOM activities;
- Assist with the preparation of situational and statistical reports on activities as assigned;
- Assist with the review of new projects Budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of Financial reports
- Assist in the preparation of budget Analysis.
- Coordinate with other IOM Field Missions, as necessary, related to Resource Management matters.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations.
- Undertake all other tasks as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants to IOM internships must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- Have graduated with a university degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation.
- All applicants must be between 20 and 36 years of age.
- Have experience in the administrative and financial field, specifically in administrative process.
- Knowledge of plus generally accepted accounting principles, intern controls, and audit/review procedures.
- Good knowledge of MS office, specifically Excel.
- Fluent in Spanish, working Knowledge English is an advantage.