Resource Mobilization Officer
World Health Organization, Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of the Partnerships, Interagency Coordination and Resource Mobilization programme is to provide coordination and effective technical support and facilitation to all activities relating to partnerships, interagency coordination and resource mobilization at regional and country level in support of WHO's programmatic priorities and programme budget implementation. Voluntary contributions are an essential and dominant component in WHO's program budget. Increased flexibility, predictability and sustainability of funding, alignment of donor resources to WHO's priorities and the programme budget, developing new income streams and expanding the donor base of the Organization requires the development and strengthening of strategic and innovative relationships with donors and partners.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Technical Officer (PIR) and overall guidance of the Executive Officer to the Regional Director (EO-RD), the incumbent is responsible for:
- Provide technical guidance and advisory role in strengthening external relations and engagements with existing and potential partners.
- As the expert, provide guidance and support in the development and implementation of WHO's Regional Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Strategy and implement Framework of Engagement with non-State actors and its sub-policies/operational guidelines on partnerships with the non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, philanthropic foundations and private sector.
- Facilitate the budget centers in identifying new and innovative partnership development opportunities with Member States, organizations within the UN system, public and private-sector and civil societies to expand SEARO's partnership base and develop new funding streams.
- Promote and support strategic engagement with regional intergovernmental organizations and regional multilateral organizations.
- Coordinate expert support to SEARO department's/technical unit's resource mobilization and partnership efforts by actively leading and participating in negotiations with current and potential donors/partners and maintaining contact with them for resource mobilization and partnership opportunities including advocacy activities with partners/donors at regional and country levels.
- Being the expert resource who provides advice and support to technical units and WHO country offices in SEA Region on donor policies and priorities and facilitate negotiations on project proposals, Memoranda of Understanding and other agreements.
- Independently take initiatives and provide technical support in organizing WHO meetings, dialogues with partners and facilitate training activities in resource mobilization at regional and country levels.
- Identify and facilitate undertaking of research and analysis on donor priorities and initiatives and prepare analytical resource mobilization reports.
- Guiding the preparation of high quality project proposals from regional and country offices and timely submission to donors.
- Facilitate clearance of donor/funding agreements as well as cooperation agreements in RO and COs and support in the monitoring of external resources.
- Being the focal point for technical support to the development process of country-level coordination mechanisms such as UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
- Provide contents, maintain and regularly update intranet and internet contents of the PIR unit's webpage.
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Essential: Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in management, finance, international relations or public health related sciences
- Essential: Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, including some experience obtained in an international context, in management of development cooperation, public health financing or partnerships building, policy formulation and strategy development.
- Desirable: Experience of WHO and the UN system will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge on international development issues, bilateral and multilateral partnership development;
- Ability to lead the development and implementation of strategies and approaches for partnerships;
- Strong analytical skills combined with good judgment;
- Proven skills to coordinate and solicit consorted actions among various stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills and ability to motivate various stakeholders for common cause.
- Specialized knowledge of development financing and the major donors landscape including bilateral, multilateral, UN system agencies, development banks and philanthropic foundations is desirable.
Other Skills (e.g. IT): Proficient in MS Office Software applications, data analysis and technical presentations.
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.