Response & Recovery Information Analyst
American Red Cross , United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. American Red Cross International Services seeks a Response and Recovery Information Analyst to support program monitoring, information, reporting, and knowledge management needs. This includes establishing and maintaining systems and tools to track data and capture knowledge, manipulating data, solving technical problems, and reporting on data for internal and external audiences. This position reports directly to the Manager of the Data Management & Reporting team and is matrixed to the Response and Recovery unit to support disaster response and early recovery.
- Serve as the information focal point within International Services for large and small disaster responses.
- Contribute to the development, establishment and maintenance of ISD information management and reporting tools, standard processes, systems, and guidance materials, and support the Response and Recovery team’s usage and compliance.
- Ensure the accuracy of response and recovery data in ISD management information systems and in reporting and communications materials.
- Manage and manipulate data to facilitate efficient and effective visualization, using a range of applications.
- Develop reports and dashboards to meet clients’ needs using a variety of tools, including Salesforce, Excel, and dashboarding software. Work with clients to articulate their needs and requirements, suggesting solutions to fill gaps and make data more consumable for decision making.
- Document and facilitate the process through which American Red Cross provides contributions to international disasters.
- Identify and learn new tools to better support stakeholders, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience in international humanitarian and/or development work or related field.
- Experience aggregating and analyzing data from multiple sources using a range of tools, such as Excel, Survey Monkey and Salesforce.
- Experience visualizing data, including through dashboarding software.
- Experience developing or enhancing information and reporting tools to meet client needs.
- Experience synthesizing information and producing written information products.
- Knowledge of information management, knowledge management, and monitoring and evaluation technologies, tools, concepts, and approaches.
- Understanding of research methodology and familiarity with secondary data sources related to humanitarian assistance.
- Excellent writing, editing and data visualization skills.
- Experience responding effectively to the needs of diverse clients, with proven interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Ability to identify gaps and take the initiative to address them.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Facility for learning new tools.