Risk Management Specialist
UNOPS, Copenhagen, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
- The incumbent is responsible to support the Enterprise Risk Management Advisor in designing, implementing and managing an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework that abides by the security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS, as well as standards and best practices applicable to UNOPS Corporate governance risk management.
- The adoption of ERM aims to enable UNOPS senior management and managers to deal effectively with uncertainty, looking for an appropriate balance between sustainable performance and associated risks.
- ERM facilitates the mitigation of the organization’s exposure to risk by managing loss prevention programs for all UNOPS organizational structures and activities as designated, with an emphasis on fraud detection and prevention, financial exposure limitation, legal and compliance risk management, third-party claims, risks in shared services (IT, HR, Finance, Legal and Security), as well as in its core procurement, infrastructure and project operations activities.
- This position will interface between the ERM team and other functional and regional areas in the organization.
- In short, the ERM preserves and adds economic value to the organization, mainly contributing to the achievement of our goals and performance targets, accounting for more than just a set of procedures and control policies.
- This is a UNOPS headquarters-based assignment, which may involve travel to various locations, including remote or post-conflict environments. The functions/duties/key results of this job description, though quite specific, may be subject to some adjustments as a result of the definitions and targets of the ERM programme that will be implemented, for all tasks under role.
The Risk Management Specialist will be responsible for:
- Support the ERM Advisor in Designing and implementing UNOPS risk governance framework, management processes and tools necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the organization's operational and strategic risk. Application of best practice ERM frameworks, such as COSO, ISO31000 and other key ERM frameworks.
- Carry out ongoing management of risk maturity assessment and health checks
- Identify lessons learned and disseminate learning
- Undertakes Risk Management training and holds seminars to embed risk management
- Facilitate risk management meetings/workshops
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative assessment of risks
- Prepare risk management reports
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Risk Management, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics or other related fields is desired.
- First level university degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) in combination with two additional relevant work experiences can be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Enterprise risk management.
- 3 years of related experience in project-based organizations is an asset.
- Experience in UN agencies or other multilateral organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Fluency in French or Spanish is an asset