Rural Finance Specialist
The Palladium Group, Surabaya, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Rural Finance Specialist will be part ofa project management team.
- The team will work with financial institutions, small and medium enterprises and the sector teams in other DFAT projects in eastern Indonesia to equip them with the skills and capability to engage in profitable applications of agricultural value chain financing (VCF).
- Core responsibilities of the position include project design and management of potential and on-going implementing partners.
- Establishing contacts and maintaining and building relationships with potential implementing partners such as financial institutions and SMEs/agribusinesses;
- Implementing diagnostic and needs assessments to develop appropriate interventions to support partner financial institutions and SMEs/agribusinesses;
- After implementing partners have been accepted and after project approval, the preparation of MOUs and related work plans laying out the sequencing of critical activities as well as identifying what instruments should be used and when they should be applied in the measurement of key results for each of the implementing partners under management;
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of results from his/her portfolio of implementing partners under management;
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of capacity building and technical assistance to implementation partners, whether through the provision of training / capacity building events involving contracted short term experts, facilitating the participation of PFIs in appropriate capacity building events, or through close mentoring / coaching of PFI staff;
- The facilitation of agreements between SMEs and local banks and/or other financial institutions;
- Provide inputs into the preparation of quarterly progress reports according to a format to be developed by project management, and assist the Results Measurement Manager in the collection of data from implementing partners.
- A degree in business, finance, agronomy, and/or other project related disciplines;
- Relevant experience working with the financial services industry in Indonesia, preferably in the areas of credit management, product development, and/or capacity building;
- Work experience with SMEs/agribusinesses;
- Strong understanding of the agriculture environment in Indonesia;
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills;
- Excellent communication skills (fluency in speaking, writing and reading) in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Work experience in the project target area (in Eastern Indonesia) is desired
- Existing networks among public and private stakeholders in East Java, NTT and NTB provinces is desired