Scientific Laboratory Associate, Diagnostics
PATH, Seattle or Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
- Design laboratory experiments.
- Evaluate performance of prototype diagnostic tests.
- Validate, document and train partners on qELISA and perform qELISA on site at partner institutions.
- Review, analyze, interpret, and report experimental data and results.
- Document experiments by maintenance, review, and certification of laboratory notebooks.
- Lead development and writing of standard operating procedures, training materials, and other laboratory documents.
- Lead writing of manuscripts and articles for publication of scientific findings and preparation of progress reports for submission to collaborators and funders.
- Strong ability in quantitative bioanalysis using ELISA, lateral flow or other immunoassay formats, analytical and preparatory scale chromatography, ligand binding analytical techniques, or other relevant technologies.
- Strong background in analytical chemical sciences.
- Protocol development, technical report writing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently with appropriate direction from team leader or supervisor.
- Knowledge of basic lab safety and pathogen handling.
- Ability to manage several diverse tasks by setting priorities and scheduling resources within the team.
- Molecular technique experience (e.g., PCR or isothermal methods) desired.
- Experience working in malaria endemic regions.
- PhD or M.S. in Chemistry, Biology or related science field, with 5+ years’ experience in quantitative bioanalysis work, to include assay development and validation using relevant immunochemistry methods.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.