Islamic Relief, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
- Take part in long-term projects for an innovative mission in place since 2013 in Mali.
- Food security & livelihoods, Child well-being through improved social inclusion and self-esteem, Water, hygiene & sanitation.
- By joining a rapidly growing mission whose workforce has doubled in 3 years, your main missions will be:
- Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Head of Mission (CDM), you will be in charge of the safety of SIF teams, equipment and buildings in Mali. You will be responsible for two national security advisers.
Your main missions will be distributed according to the following methods:
- Security and coordination strategy
- Ensuring the security of teams, equipment and buildings,
- Contributing to the development of the security strategy of the MALI mission.
- Update all SIF security kit documents.
- Write and ensure the implementation of a contingency plan depending on the context and the actors.
- Advise and give recommendations to the CDM on all geopolitical and security aspects in Mali.
- Set up a communication scheme for security events and ensure its supervision.
- Provide coaching, support and evaluation of the national security referent.
- Manage and evaluate the Bamako goalkeepers as well as the performances of the members of the team.
- Define and update team training plans.
- Ensure and analyze the compilation of INSO incidents.
- Write a monthly safety report to send to the CDM and headquarters.
- Ensure the drafting and monitoring of the action plan.
- In collaboration with the CDM and the Headquarters Security referent, manage crisis management in the event of an incident involving SIF teams, equipment and buildings.
- Depending on the context, quickly propose ad hoc rules to the CDM.
- Get in direct contact with the teams to provide them with support and advice in the event of incidents occurring in SIF action areas, whatever the hour or the day of the week.
- You have a 5/6 baccalaureate in the security and risk management sector.
- You worked for 3 years as a field security referent within an NGO with a managerial aspect with a local employee.
- Endowed with a good analytical capacity, you are rigorous and organized.
- You know how to adapt quickly to the constraints of the activity and be reactive (-ve).
- Experience in supporting a national employee and knowledge of security issues in Mali are desirable.
Contract / Remuneration:
- 12 months CDD Full time.
- Contract start date: ASAP.
- Position based in Bamako.
- Remuneration according to profile.
- Perdiem, Guesthouse.
- Break / R&R at 3 and 9 months of 1 week with maintenance of remuneration, A / R ticket (Country of mission-Country of residence) covered by SIF after 6 months of mission.
- Medical insurance (60% covered by SIF) + repatriation.