Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Partner with us!
PSI’s Nairobi Global Services Hub is looking for a Senior Application Developer to translate public health program requirements into system development for multi-country digital health initiatives. This is an exciting new position that provides the opportunity to make technology work to deliver better health outcomes through bringing care closer to people in the developing world.
Sound like something you would be interested in? Read on.
The incumbent will:
- Develop applications for consumer-facing digital projects, including supporting integration of tools in USSD and messaging channels
- Develop and configure chatbots using the Dialogflow conversation management platform
- Support developing linkages from front-end tools with back-end integration services and data storage
- Ensure that developments achieve data collection outputs necessary to deliver analytics for decision-making
- Translate project requirements, data flows, and business processes into functional and non-functional system requirements
- Undertake internal testing of the digital solutions before deployment
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual a passion in public health, willing and able to learn by doing in a very demanding position. In particular, we are looking for;
- 8-10 years of development experience working on technology implementation projects, especially mobile technology
- Experience with agile programming methodologies (Scrum) and use of Jira
- Experience in non-relational database systems, including MongoDB or similar
- Experience in relational database systems, SQL, Postgres, or similar
- Experience with telecommunications deployments with USSD and SMS
- Experience with Dialogflow for chatbot development and integration with Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and other messaging-app based channels
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and a self-starter
- Relevant degree in technology, information systems, computer science, or similar
- Experience in public health or working for a development agency is a plus