About Malaria No More
Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation.
MNM is a global organization with offices in Seattle, Washington, D.C., New York, Kenya, and Cameroon, and affiliates in London and Tokyo.
Reports to: Managing Director, Strategic Communications
Location: Seattle, WA
The Strategic Communications team contributes to achieving MNM’s ambitious goal by elevating the malaria narrative in key markets – U.S., India, target African countries – to engage and educate a new generation of leaders; activating champion voices to energize the malaria fight and reinforce political leadership; and, expanding partner capacity, engagement and effectiveness.
The Senior Communications Manager will be a key member of this small, effective team with global reach and ambition. This role will be strategic and hands on, and will partner closely with Development and Advocacy teams to ensure we’re reaching our target global audiences with compelling messages and via the appropriate communications channels.
The Senior Communications Manager will have lead responsibility for:
- Developing and driving MNM’s overarching digital and content strategies in alignment with broader advocacy and development goals, to include: maximizing innovative and emerging technology and growing numerous social media channels; proactively engaging with the online global health community; website maintenance; and, identifying KPIs/metrics.
- Serving as MNM’s brand manager to ensure brand alignment across all content, developing a measurement and evaluation plan, and tracking and reporting progress to members of the leadership team.
- Developing and executing a strategic editorial and content plan, and developing and/or overseeing production of compelling communications materials, e.g., infographics, brochures, digital content and presentations.
- Identifying and building innovative opportunities and partnerships to maximize our reach and impact, including to implement joint campaigns and develop new approaches to storytelling and content creation.
- Partnering with Development and Advocacy teams to ensure communications needs are met within aligned expectations and available resources.
- In this role, the Senior Manager will contribute to the Strategic Communications team’s efforts to:
- Raise awareness and create a sense of urgency and momentum to encourage and/or reinforce policy maker commitments to the malaria fight.
- Implement a proactive global media outreach strategy, with focus in the U.S., India, Kenya and Cameroon.
- Align global partners against create a clear, consistent and positive narrative for malaria.
- Ensure MNM is resourced to engage in the full scope of its ambitious agenda.
- 7-10 years of public relations and/or public affairs experience
- Exceptional ability to think strategically, collaborate across teams, and use limited resources to maximum effect
- Strong project management experience and demonstrated ability to flex to other projects in support of overall communications goals
- Experience managing and growing numerous social media properties on a daily basis, as well as an understanding of audience targeting and analytics and knowledge of web languages, open-source content management tools, Google Analytics, search engine optimization and online advertising
- Demonstrated experience developing, managing and implementing successful, measurable digital advocacy and/or fundraising campaigns, including content development and innovative approaches
- Experience managing consultants to execute against the scope of work and within budget
- Diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience across multiple geographies
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to engage effectively with a prioritized network of global partners
- Proven ability to take initiative in a self-directed environment and prioritize and complete projects in a timely manner, while proactively anticipating obstacles and reporting updates.
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn about malaria and global health, and to grow communications skills and knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create content for a wide range of voices and digital properties
- Energetic, creative and resourceful thinker willing to take risks
- Sense of humor
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and simultaneously manage multiple projects at various levels
- Passion for social impact and enthusiasm for Malaria No More’s mission to end one of the world’s oldest and deadliest diseases within a generation
Compensation: MNM offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and a full benefits package