Samaritan's Purse (SP) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced Senior Cybersecurity Engineer/Analyst to join our internal global Cybersecurity Team! This is a very mission critical opportunity to protect mission critical systems and data. This position will be focused on penetration testing, security planning and designing, security automation, and maintaining complex layered security capabilities within ministry infrastructure and application platforms. Also, responsible for the architecture and design of secure solutions as well as providing expert analysis, guidance, and education for junior members of the Global Cybersecurity team. The ideal candidate would have experience with a wide arrange of Cybersecurity tools, processes, and experience with advanced Cybersecurity architecture and engineering. The Cybersecurity processes and tools used in this role stand at the forefront of progress in the non-profit Christian IT arena. If you are searching more than just a job, but a Career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Strong working knowledge of next generation firewalls, web application firewalls, antivirus, security automation, endpoint detection and response platforms, identify and access management, and other security technologies.
- Serves in a senior capacity in the Architecture, deployments, and maintenance of cybersecurity systems and their associated software and/or hardware.
- Performs internal and external penetration testing (PenTesting) on Ministry related assets and systems; conducts network and application vulnerability scanning as required.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage cybersecurity related projects, including new system implementations, improvements, upgrades, and purchases.
- Document and resolve escalated cybersecurity related support tickets, SIEM alerts, operational inquiries, and other system alerts.
- Senior member of the cybersecurity incident response team and maintains availability to provide on-call support as needed.
- Knowledge of various cybersecurity frameworks including PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NIST cybersecurity framework, Center for Internet Security (CIS) Critical Security Controls (CSC), and privacy laws including GDPR.
- Desired application development experience with an understanding of Web API's, process automation, and secure coding practices.
- Knowledgeable in current cybersecurity technology, common vulnerabilities, and operational security best practices including one or more technical security certifications.
- Stays up-to-date on current threat landscape, including breaches, exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Researches cybersecurity products, tools and services and is able to alert IT system owners of needed protections.
- Minimum of one relevant cybersecurity certification to include but not limited to: CEH, CISSP, GWEB, GSSP-NET, GWAPT, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN
- Faithfully upholds the ministry in prayer.
- Consistently participates in daily staff devotions.
- Demonstrate behavior aligned with SP’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.