Senior Data Input and Validation Officer
European Investment Fund, Luxembourg
Closing Date for Applications:
The mission of Data Hub division is to ensure quality data inflows from operations and quality data usage for operational and business intelligence purposes. Data Input & Validation Unit operates within Data Hub division and acts as a center of expertise in terms of data collection methods and tools for the division, other EIF services and EIF as a whole.
- The incumbent(s) reports to and works under the supervision of the Data Input and Validation Unit Head, who in turn reports to the Head of Data Hub Division.
At a level commensurate with relevant experience and seniority, s/he will be involved in the following tasks:
- Manage and execute collection, input and validation of data from Private Equity and Guarantees quarterly reports received from financial intermediaries;
- Manage and coordinate external services providers supporting the Unit in the overall data collection and input process;
- Support preparation and update of EIF reporting templates and manuals and provide guidelines to EIF counterparties for their quarterly reporting process to EIF;
- Provide to EIF services expertise advice & solutions on data in relation to EIF business lines;
- Support audit process for EIF and managed programs by providing requested documentation and explanation of underlying data received from EIF counterparties;
- Ensure a robust control environment is maintained and that all operational and compliance risks are actively managed and mitigated;
- Contribute as required to process enhancements and automation in relation data input and validation activities of the Units. Depending on experience and seniority, take a lead role in key digitalization initiatives from a business owner perspective;
- Depending on seniority, contribute to the training of more junior staff in the team.
- University degree, preferably at post-graduate level, in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related subjects
- Minimum three (3) years (officer level) or five (5) years (senior officer level) of relevant professional experience in Banking/Asset Management, Audit, Fund Administration, Finance or related area, preferably with exposure to Private Equity or Guarantees/Securitization assets (experience should be in similar positions with similar responsibilities);
- Previous experience with data intensive processes and analyses and good understanding of relevant technologies to facilitate process automation would be considered an asset;
- Postgraduate degrees, particularly PhD studies, and/or additional professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, ACCA) would be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and high affinity with numbers, data intensive processes and technology,
- Capacity to work and prioritize efficiently under strict deadlines and time pressure,
- Good business sense;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to defend his / her opinions;
- Creativity, and ability to analyze problems from new angles, and to identify and develop solutions depending on the issues to be addressed;
- Depending on seniority, people management / coaching skills;
- Team oriented mentality.